03 | I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong

ابدأ من البداية

"Jordan isn't the nice guy you think he is. He has done many disgusting and despicable things to other girls, and I just didn't want you to be one of his victims. Plus, didn't you see the way he was looking at you? He was practically undressing you with his eyes," Aaron roars.

He's losing his temper, maybe I should just accept the fact that what he did was out of the kindness of his heart, no matter how many times I wish it wasn't.

Every charming and kind thing he does only makes me realize why I like Aaron in the first place. However, I have to push those feelings aside because I'm supposed to be mad at him. He made me believe we had chemistry when we were dancing and he even leaned in, only for him to crush all my hopes.

"Also, it's getting late, and don't you think it's best for you to go home? You're not in the right mindset, and I don't want something bad to happen to you," Aaron says more softly. "Your friends were so worried about you and looking everywhere, but I reassured them that I'd find you and take you home. Ethan asked me to watch over you, anyways, since he left a hour ago," he continues.

"I can just stay with my friends," I state bluntly.

"Just get in or I'll have to do it the hard way," he declares with a serious look on his face.

Don't get me wrong, what Aaron is doing for me is nice. If I stay with my friends, they would only have to babysit me and make sure I don't do anything stupid, which ruins their night. However, I can't be in his presence, knowing what happened between us. The fact that he acts as if nothing occurred only makes matters worst.

Shouldn't we at least talk about it?

My thoughts are cut off short when I feel a strong pair of arms lift me from the ground, and forcefully, yet gently, put me in the passenger seat of the car. Aaron puts my seat belt on for me as if I can't myself, and closes the door shut before sitting in the driver's seat.

"What the hell, Aaron?! You can't just fucking force me to go with you. You also can't pick me up like some rag doll and put me in your car. This is kidnapping, you asshole!" I spit, which only makes him chuckle.

"You sure have a big mouth for a small girl," he jokes, starting the car.

"I don't think it's in your best interest to start criticizing size," I retort.

"I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong."

The car ride is silent after that. Neither of us speak a word to each other, and all you can hear is the radio playing in the background of the car. However, the silence comes to halt when I notice that we aren't going to my house.

"Where are we going?" I ask Aaron. I'm not in the mood for any of his crazy adventures. My head is spinning, and I feel like I am going to throw up.

"We're heading to my house. It's closer than yours and I think you need someone to be with you. I know your parents aren't home and Ethan's at... um... Megan's house?" He tells me as we pull into his driveway.

"What do you mean when you say, I need someone to be with me? Also, do my parents know? Why does it sound like your hiding something when I asked about Ethan?"

"Last time you were drunk, you fell down the stairs and broke your arm," he deadpans. "And I'll just call your parents, telling them you're sleeping over. Just so you know, I'm not hiding anything when I told you where Ethan was. I just... forgot. Does that answer all your questions?"

I nod my head and Aaron gets out to open my door and help me inside.

He leads me into his house. When we get to the infamous staircase that we used to ride the rails on we were younger, Aaron gives me a piggy back ride up.

"You can't even walk straight," he states, laying me down on his bed once we arrive at his room.

"Is your mom going to mind me staying the night and we're are you going to sleep?" I ask.

"Kenz, stop worrying. My mom loves you and will totally be fine with it. And for where I'm sleeping, I'll probably just go into the guest bed room," Aaron reassures me and then hands me a bottle of water.

"Can't I just go in the guest bed room? It's your room after all."

"The AC is broken in there, so I'll take it," he shrugs it off. "Before you ask me, I'm not letting you trade with me. I'm not offering, I'm forcing you to take my bed."

I sigh, knowing there's no use in trying to change his mind. I start to get somewhat comfortable in his queen-sized bed, only for me to jump off and rush to the bathroom when I start to feel everything I drank catching up to me.

"I'm going to puke!" I yell before throwing up in his toilet while he runs in to hold my hair back.

He gives me a pill to take to help settle my stomach and then assists me in sitting back on his bed. Being the gentlemen that he secretly is, he helps me take off my shoes. Once they were off, I wrapped myself in his bed sheets that smell like him.

I could get used to this.

What the fuck, Kenzie? Talk to him about what happened earlier!

"Aaron?" I call, which he responds to with a hum. "What exactly happened when we were dancing?"

There is a silence before he finally speaks.

"It was a mistake. Let's just pretend it never occurred," he states, which pains me a little. Although, I can't help but think it's for the best.

He's off limits. It would have been even more difficult if he felt the same way.

"I agree. Goodnight, Aaron," I tell him as the lights turn off.

"Goodnight," is the last thing I hear him say to me, before I fall asleep.

Author's Note

please vote, comment, and follow

well that must hurt, but maybe mackenzie is right— it's for the best?

wrong.

why do you think aaron called their "moment" a mistake?

is their a reason or is he just an insensitive asshole?

- alicia marie