03 | I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong

Sometimes I don't understand you. You treat me as friends, then as something more than friends and then as if we strangers

- unknown

Mackenzie Thompson

I don't know what comes over me, but before I know it, I have three more shots of tequila.

Getting drunk isn't the best way to cope with humiliation and heartbreak, but it's working at the moment; it is helping me forget.

After Aaron abandoned me on the dance floor and played with my feelings, I immediately went looking for Grace, Jo, or even Ethan to take me home. What happened earlier ruined my whole night, and I just want to be in my bed, watching the Office. When I can't find them, I walk over to a table and just start drinking my feelings away.

As I finish my shot, making it my sixth of the night, I feel someone tap my shoulder. Even though my vision is a little blurry, I knew who it is. Jordan Miller. He sat next to me in algebra last year, and became a close friend to me.

"Hey, Kenzie. I saw you over here alone and thought I'd keep you company," Jordan says, taking a sip of his beer.

"Oh, hi Jordan," I slur.

"I know this is pretty forward, but do you want to dance?" He asks me.

I can't just stand here drunk all night. Might as well try to have some fun.

Plus, it's not like I can get my feelings hurt, since he's only my friend.

Just as I'm about to say "yes," someone pulls me into their muscular figure.

"Sorry, Jeremy, but she's coming with me." I instantly recognize who the voice belongs to, and of course, it happens to be Aaron.

First, he plays with my feelings, and then he starts making decisions for me. Yeah, no.

Turning my head so I'm facing him, I notice that he's angry. I can practically see the steam coming out of his ears, and his fists are clenched tightly, his knuckles turning a ghostly white.

"My name is Jordan, and you know that," he spits, matching Aaron's deadly tone.

Aaron shoots him another nasty glare before taking hold of my wrist. However, before he can drag me away, Jordan speaks up.

"Do you know him?" he asks me. Jordan grabs my wrist from Aaron before we can make our way to the exit.

"Of course she knows me dumbass!" Aaron hissed. "I would never take advantage of a girl when she's intoxicated. However, I can't say the same for you," he added before removing Jordan's grip from my wrist. I look at Jordan in astonishment and receive a look of shame in return.

Before I can question this whole situation, Aaron is already leading me towards the exit.

It's more difficult than either of us expected, since I can barely walk properly. When I start to stumble and trip over thin air, Aaron sighs and put my arms around his torso. This way he is holding me up, making it easier to walk through the crowd of people.

When we reach the parking lot, he opens the door of his Matte black BMW, motioning for me to enter.

"I'm not going with you! I don't even know why you took me away from the party and Jordan," I huff, crossing my arms.