14 - Soft

The team of villains was now standing on a sidewalk, a hill surrounded by a fence in front of them.

As everyone looked around, Flug decided to ask some questions, mostly because he knew that Black Hat had been here before. "So, where are we exactly?"

"On an island. In a small town with a extremely small amount of people. The names of these places aren't important - what's important is that it's perfect for us, Dear." Black Hat said, stepping forward and quickly inspecting the gate he has seen before. He then looked at the lock closely, shapeshifting his palm into a key that would fit the lock. 

The gate unlocked as the demon swung it open like a door. His partners in crime immediately looked at him, surprised, thinking he had a key or something. Flug, of course, thought that the villain simply shape shifted. He was right, as he almost always is.

"I guess we'll talk more about the place later." Flug said, turning around to look in the hill's direction again. His other two patients were still inspecting the houses around them. "Holy hell, is that a graveyard?!" He almost screamed, surprised to say the least.

Dementia turned around, curious, after she heard a word she hasn't heard before - or just didn't remember - and 5.0.5 shivered a little at the last word, turning around with his new friend.

"Your observation skills are great as always, Dear." The demon stated, smiling at his scientist. Dementia giggled, seemingly pleased to hear someone be so pleasant with Flug.

"Now, everyone, cover your ears. This process is quite... noisy." Black Hat then announced, turning back to face the hill and concentrating.

Everyone did as was commanded, then watching Black Hat's arms get covered in smoke as he was slowly rising them up in the air. Following the movement of his arms, a building rose from the ground, the gravestones breaking and disappearing into nothing. The Doctor could see the demon's smirk growing and could easily guess that his eye was squeezed, forming an extremely pleased face.

A minute or so later, there was a building in front of them. Dementia and 5.0.5 both gasped in awe as they inspected the huge hat-shaped manor with a lot of similarities with Black Hat's top hat. It even had the band in a form of huge windows. Besides those, there was also an oval window near the top of the building and three more rectangular windows with rounded tops. They were all ruby colored too. The front entrance looked like it was twice the height of Flug, and it had a stone path leading up to it.

"Didn't you say you needed my help with the architecture or something? I don't think that you need help with this." Flug chuckled, attempting to make a compliment. He then got closer to Black Hat, now standing right by him.

"I agree! This is awesome!" Dementia supported, stars of excitement in her eyes. 5.0.5 tried supporting too, letting out an agreeing sound.

"I'm pleased to hear you like it, but I asked for your help with the inner architecture. At the moment, there's only one floor. Not counting the basement, of course." The demon explained, walking to the manor and signing for everyone to follow him.

"I'll try to help as much as I can." The doctor said, following his partner into the building.

A few seconds later, they were in the building. The interior was already there, mainly focused on black and red colors. The walls had a hat pattern on them, there were also empty spaces prepared for something between all the other decorations. There were a lot of rooms and the crew could already see two hallways.

"The kitchen is that way." Black Hat pointed to their left. "It is empty for now, just like all the other rooms." He then walked to a door that was in the middle, opening it to show dark stairs. "Flug, your lab is in the basement. These stairs lead down there. You'll see a couple of doors there, but there's only one on the left, it's bigger than the ones on the right too. That will be your lab. You can use the other rooms as you please, Dear, but I recommend you do something lab-related there too."