5 - Notes

"See you soon, Flug."

There was nothing unusual in those words. They're just a way to say goodbye, there's nothing wrong in them!

But context is always the key. And it's the same in this situation - just the fact of his patient suddenly not calling him "doctor" anymore is kind of unnerving. And the thing that he says it like it's no big deal, like they're good friends, tempted to see each other some other day! That is so different from all his other lines.

Disturbed by his own thoughts, Flug stared at the floor, not even thinking about where he was going and somehow correctly choosing the path, heading straight to his office. Well, it's somewhat better than all the other times, where he was just tired and kind of bored of al the walking. Damn, this building is really big.

He wanted to leave those thoughts alone, but he couldn't. But there is always a solution - he can keep thinking about this strange patient, but make it connected to his work. And the best way to do that is just think about writing down all the information he just got! Yeah, that'll do.

So, what did he find out? His name, apparently, is Black Hat. That is rather unique, but wasn't this patient himself rather unique? What else, what else?... Oh, right! He also could add something to his own notes. Appearance, behavior, some thoughts based on his actions and gestures. Flug is truly a genius, that would help a lot.

And he really needed to mark that this patient is smart. Ah, what a nice trait to have, adding up to his handso-

A bit more than halfway on his path, Doctor stopped, having to brush his thoughts off and suddenly having one more small realization - he was much more warm in the corridors. He didn't pay much more attention to it though.

Back to unusually strange thoughts - he's thinking about it again, how annoying! But why? He's a smart person, a scientist, damn it! Why couldn't he just stop thinking about it? It's not even that important. He was, in fact, interested in this patient, but only because of his "supernaturalness". He has heard about similar villains' powers before, but of course he never got a chance to even wonder about their scientific meanings and maybe even explanations.

Bag-headed scientist shook his head slightly, sighing, while thinking how strange he looked just now, and then immediately taking care of his own self-doubt and starting to walk towards his office again.

And he really needed to stop calling him just a patient. It wouldn't hurt if he called him by his name - it's not like being attached to him would do something bad. In fact, that would help a little! His goal is to be closer to the patient, after all.

What else could he add to all this information? Yes, it might seem like he didn't find out much, but in situation where you have no known information about someone and you manage to ask that much in just two - even one, first time was like some introduction, but without asking questions and just getting to know someone based on their actions - visits, it's pretty impressive, so he has all rights to call it "all this information".

So, back to adding something else... Doctor had a strange feeling, almost like he forgot something that would fit into this situation. Oh well, he'll have to think about it after he finishes writing everything else down. Better to take note of something you know for a hundred percent first, and then try thinking about some secondary facts.

The rest of Doctor's walk was less chaotic. He was somehow successful in calming down his mind, so it was even kind of peaceful.

***

This time Flug actually wasn't that distracted in his thoughts while entering his room.

Due to that, he noticed that the temperature wasn't as near as pleasant as it usually is. It's like someone left a window open for when Doctor was working and let some cold breezes in. He didn't ask anyone, but he wouldn't get mad anyways, it was acceptable. He actually quite liked the freshness of the outdoor air - he didn't get to enjoy it everyday.