Chapter forty-seven: Kopa's point of view

Start from the beginning

As he was passing though the tall grasses of another savannah off of the coast of the great river, Kopa noted a beautiful tree growing in front of the great river that he had never noticed before. Slowing down and looking at the tree, mesmerized, Kopa wondered how something as common as a tree could harness so much power that he felt radiating off of it. But then, his ears went up in attention. Someone else was here. Kopa looked around, hearing the rustling of the tall grasses and a loud, growling, breathing. Just as Kopa looked to his right, a yellow and red blur shot out from the tall grasses and towards Kopa. But as the blur was bright in contrast to the darkness of the night, Kopa was easily able to dodge the attacker, who whammed smack-dab into the powerful tree.

As the animal turned around to get back to its feet, Kopa pinned it to the ground, baring his teeth to the newcomer, a lion, to show that he meant business. The lion had a shocked look on his face, as if he had honestly thought that the pounce would have worked.

The lion was clearly younger than Kopa, and he had a bright red mane that was back, away from his face, unlike Kopa's own

The lion was clearly younger than Kopa, and he had a bright red mane that was back, away from his face, unlike Kopa's own. He had a bright yellow pelt, a lighter underbelly and paws, and a three-lined scar across his left eye, which was a dark red, similar to the color of Kopa's father's and sister's eyes.

"Er, let's not get too carried away, here..." the Lion laughed uncomfortably. "Please let me up."

"Let you up?" Kopa asked angrily. "You nearly tried to kill me, and now you're talking to me like nothing happened? What, do you think that now that I've showed you that I can and will fight, we're pals now? Or are you just stupid?"

The lion didn't get a chance to answer, as in the dark of the night, Kopa didn't see the lioness creeping through the brush beside him. He was soon knocked off of the lion and onto the ground, looking up and seeing a reddish-brown lioness with a lighter underbelly and paws. A darker brown stripe was on her head and went down her back. The tuft of fur at the end of her tail was a darker brown, she had a strange sort of mark on her right shoulder, and she looked angry.

 The tuft of fur at the end of her tail was a darker brown, she had a strange sort of mark on her right shoulder, and she looked angry

"State your business!!" She barked. "Why are you at the tree of life? Were you trying to break in? Answer me!!!" She yelled before Kopa even had the chance to open his mouth.