Chapter six: Taka's point of view

Taka ran back towards the others, Sarafina being the first one to notice him. As he layed down and broke out into tears, she and the others ran towards him.

"Taka!!!" She exclaimed. "What...what happened???"

Blood streamed across his left eye, mixing in with his tears. Trying to comfort him, Sarafina put her paw on his, as Mufasa noticed Ahadi coming up close behind. "No..." He started, as Taka yelled in fear and ran towards his brother. Trying to protect Taka, Mufasa stuttered, "it...it can't be..."

The king had a sort of fire in his eyes, Mufasa had never seen him so angry

The king had a sort of fire in his eyes, Mufasa had never seen him so angry. "Mufasa!!! Taka-" then he stopped himself. Staring Taka down, he growled, "you are no longer worthy to be called my son...Scar." Taka ran behind Mufasa in fear. "Come, Mufasa, come, Scar." Ahadi growled. "We're going home."

The walk home was completely silent, even the crickets were too afraid to chirp.

When they got home to pride rock, Uru was waiting. Seeing Taka, she quickly ran down to them.

"Taka!!!" She exclaimed. "What hap-"

"No!!!" Ahadi bellowed. "Don't call him by that name!!! That would be the name of my son!!!"

"Ahadi, what do you mean?" Uru asked, getting angry.

"The cub before you is not Taka. The cub before you, his name is Scar." He growled. "Like what he's done to our family."

Now Uru started to growl. "Ahadi, what do you mean? This cub has done nothing to harm this family."

By now, it seemed that Mufasa was getting tense. He sat there watching his parents argue, but then just burst out, "It was all his fault!!!!" and Ahadi and Uru looked at him.

"What do you mean, Mufasa?" Uru asked. "this is all who's fault?"

"Father's!!!" He said. "We were playing together earlier today, me and Sarabi and Sarafina and Taka and Zira. Zira and Taka went off to play on their own, but when Taka came back, he had that scratch on his eye and Zira was nowhere to be found. Father came up close behind him, so it didn't take me too long to connect the dots."

Now Uru was mad. She took Taka and dragged him behind her paws, protecting him. Ahadi tried to get to him, but Uru stood her ground, baring her claws and teeth. "Stay away from my son." She growled through clenched teeth.

"Uru, what makes you think you can stop me?" Ahadi growled

"Uru, what makes you think you can stop me?" Ahadi growled. "This is my son as well as yours." He tried once more to get to Taka, but Uru batted his paw away, growling at him.

"I said stay away from my son!!!!" She yelled. "You never cared about him. Why couldn't I have seen that before?" She put her paw on Taka's back. "Why would you do such a thing???"

"He was with that little outlander." He growled. "They were falling for each other, you could tell."

"So???"

"No son of mine is going to mate a vile little brat of an outlander."

"Well, you know what, Ahadi??? You did." The king stood there in shock.

"Uru? You're-"

"A 'vile little brat of an outlander'? Yes. I always have been."

"But...but how?"

"I was born in the outlands, Ahadi. My father died shortly after. Mother and I came to the pridelands, and a lion there fell for my mother. They mated, and when my mother died shortly after, I had to live with my stepfather. He forbid me to go to the outlands. That's when we met, Ahadi. That day, when I was with Huduma."

"Uru, how...why didn't you tell me???"

"Well I'm sure we all knew that I would've been banished on the spot if you had known, but that doesn't matter now. Come, Taka." Uru said, walking away.

"Uru, where do you think you're going???"

"I'm going home, Ahadi." Then she looked down at Mufasa, who looked scared out of his wits. "Mufasa," she began. "I hope that when your father joins the great kings of the past and you become king, you'll be a better king than he ever was." She nuzzled him with her nose. "I love you." Then she took Taka by the scruff and left pride rock, leaving Mufasa and Ahadi alone.