Chapter eight: Zira's point of view

(okay, now that we've got Scar and Zira's backstory out of the way, we should be focusing more on Zira. Sorry for going from one point of view to the next, but those were pretty important to the story, it shows what happened with both Zira and Scar to get them to where they are now. Anyways, back to the story.)

Meanwhile, Zira had made it back home, still crying from pain. She went into the cave.

"Mother!!!" She called, but only Mabaya and Jerahah were waiting for her. Mabaya had a sad look on his face, and Jerahah looked angry.

"Mabaya, daddy, where are mother and Almasi?"

"They're gone." Jerahah answered angrily. "Because of you."

"What?" Zira asked. "Mabaya, what is he talking about?"

"Well," her brother started. "Today, Mom and Almasi went hunting, while you went off to play. They...they were in the gorge when....a huge mudslide came to it. Mother was running as fast as she could, but Almasi was lagging behind. Mother stopped and went back to get Almasi, but the mudslide had already gotten her. Then, mother couldn't run fast enough...the king's major domo, Zazu, told us what happened. He tried to warn some lionesses before it was too late, and after the mudslide, the pack went to look for survivors, but...neither mother nor Almasi came home today."

"Look at what you've done, Zira." Jerahah said. "If you hadn't been going somewhere doing who knows what, things like this wouldn't happen." He picked her up by her scruff, placing her in the back of the cave, where they slept. Mabaya soon followed. "Your training begins tomorrow."

Zira started to cry. Because of her, her mother and sister were gone, and she had to be trained to overthrow he king. She didn't want to overthrow the king. He scared her.

Jerahah layed down, going to sleep. Mabaya crept over to his sister, sitting down beside her.

"Mabaya," Zira sniffled. "What have I done?"

"Absolutely nothing." Her brother answered. "Father's just looking for someone to place the blame on. There's nothing you could've done to change what happened today." He then realized the scratches on Zira's back. Motioning to them he asked, "what happened???"

"Ahadi." She answered. "Ahadi happened. I was with Taka today, and he found out. He scratched me on my back and my ear."

"It's gonna be okay." Mabaya reassured her. Laying down, they both fell asleep.