Chapter fourteen: Sarafina's point of view

(So this is a few days later, and yeah, I know that this is Zira's story, but I need to introduce some characters so we can be on the same page here. I promise it will all make sense.)

Sarafina looked down at the ball of fur in between her paws. Her newborn daughter shifted and then opened her eyes. They were a deep blue mixed with a bit of green. She was beautiful like her mother and frisky like her father. Sarafina nuzzled her with her nose. "Nala." She whispered. "Beautiful Nala."

Upendo walked back into the cave from the top of pride rock, laying down beside his mate. "she's beautiful, Sarafina." He nuzzled her. "Just like you."

"Oh, stop it." Sarafina giggled. "I'm not that pretty, but Nala," she licked her daughter on her forehead. "Nala is definitely something special."

"I'm sure she'll grow strong and wise." Upendo said, smiling down at Nala as well. "She truly is a blessing."

Suddenly, Zazu flew into the cave, panting. Upendo got up onto his feet. "Zazu, what's the matter?"

"So sorry to disturb you, Upendo." He said, still panting. "We need your help. Hyenas. In the pridelands!!!"

"In the pridelands???" Upendo gasped. "Sarafina, stay here. They may try and hurt someone. I don't want that someone to be you."

He nuzzled her one last time before running out of pride rock after Zazu. Sarabi came in shortly after with her son, Simba. She layed down beside Sarafina, looking at her daughter. "She's beautiful, Sarafina." Her friend smiled. "Have you given her a name yet?"

"Nala." She said, smiling down as her daughter started to snooze. She looked back out into the pridelands. "It's like he's never home anymore." She sighed.

"I'm sorry, Sarafina. Really, I am. Upendo's one of the strongest in the pack, it's just that we don't have a lot of defence."

"I know." She sighed. "And I respect that. It was just so kind of Mufasa to let him stay here. Thank you again so much."

"Sarafina, we weren't just about to send you away to start your own pack, especially considering the fact that you were with cub." Sarabi said, motioning to Nala.

"I guess he's just still not used to the pridelands." She sighed. "I know he loves me, and Nala. He just can't seem to find time when he's not defending the pridelands. It's just so hard when he's head of the guard."

"I know it is." Sarabi answered. She then just stared at Simba and sighed.

"Is something on your mind, Sarabi?"

She shook her head, but then paused and looked at Sarafina. "I guess I was just thinking about Zira and Scar. We used to have so much fun when we were cubs." Her ears went down with sadness. "But when Ahadi found them playing that one day, everything changed." She shook her head. "We never saw either of them again. Scar's just been very angry since Uru passed. I think he's looking for someone to pin the blame on."

"I feel bad for him." Sarafina answered. "Uru and Mufasa were all he had. I guess when Uru died, he felt as though Mufasa had betrayed him. But...I honestly don't know why. I don't even know how Uru or Ahadi died."

Sarabi shrugged. "No one does. They were both found the next day, and Mufasa said that Scar had run away to the outlands. That's when Mufasa had to pick up where his father left off."

"What about that decree he promised when he was a cub, about lifting the border between the pridelands and the outlands?"

Sarabi shook her head again. "I'm afraid he'll have to break that promise. The hyenas there are just getting too vicious." She looked outside of pride rock. "Maybe someday someone will come and finally make peace with everyone."

Sarafina hoped the same thing, as she waited for her mate to return.