𝟶𝟶𝟼

╰☆☆☆☆╮

     APRIL AND ELEVEN STOOD BY the power lines as they waited for the boys to arrive. They were breathing deeply from their walk up the hill. El looked down at Mike's watch and frowned.

"Three-one-five," she muttered as she stared at the numbers that were displayed. April marched in circles around the wooden pole because she was still bored. Eleven kept repeating 'three-one-five' as she paced back and forth. She was more nervous than she was bored.

There was a soft meow from behind the girls. They turned around, and their eyes widened at the sight of the cat on the other side of the fence. Eleven's hands started shaking harder, and her chin quivered at the sight of the small animal. Eleven and April were both pulled back into a memory from the lab.

The cat inside the metal cage hissed at 011. Dr. Brenner was testing her abilities once more. Beside him stood 010, the subject that never disobeyed him. If 011 couldn't follow through, he would have the other young girl show her.

011 narrowed her eyes at the creature. A brain wave transmitter was on the top of her head, sending signals to Dr. Brenner in the other room. The machine started beeping as her brain waves started spiking. Dr. Brenner noticed how 011's face scrunched up as she tried not to cry.

The cat hissed again, and the computer beeped faster. 011 continued glancing back and forth between her Papa and the animal who continued to hiss and snarl at her. She let out soft cries before ripping the transmitter off of her head.

Dr. Brenner released a sigh and clenched his jaw as 011 shook her head. He pushed 010 forward, and the young girl marched into the other room with a straight face. 010 didn't even flinch as the metal cage started to slowly collapse around the cat, squishing the animal. It let out yelps of pain as the cage started to grow tighter around it.

011 let out a sob as she watched the other girl focus harder before the cat was strangled to death in the cage. 010 wiped her nose before marching back over to Dr. Brenner. He ordered the other men to bring her back to her room and as they dragged her back, she let out screams of protest.

Dr. Brenner and 010 watched as 011 was taken back. She was screaming 'Papa!' many times before letting out a shriek when they carried her out of view.