𝟶𝟹𝟷

╰☆☆☆☆╮

     HOT SUMMER RAYS BEAT DOWN on April as she shakily rode across the gravel. Max's hands were placed on her arms gently as she helped the brunette ride her skateboard down the road.

The two had spent most of the summer together. Max loved teaching April how to skateboard, and April loved reading to Max. Their feelings for one another grew over the past several months, but it was left unsaid.

Max was too afraid to say anything and ruin their friendship, especially because her sexuality had affected old friends of hers. She didn't want it to happen again, especially with the young Hopper girl. She cared about her too much.

April, on the other hand, had never experienced love before. Everything she learned about it was from her books or the tv shows Eleven watched. The brunette didn't understand the feelings she felt towards Max, but she knew that she loved spending time with her.

"Alright, I'm going to let go of you now." April smiled as she pushed off and managed to move a few feet before jumping off and running towards Max, launching herself at her with a hug. The two stayed in their hug while laughing for a while before Max caught sight of Billy in the window and pulled away.

She glanced down at her yellow watch and noticed the time, frowning. The party—minus El and April because of their curfew—were planning on sneaking into a horror film at the movie theater inside the new Starcourt Mall. It was almost time to bring April home.

She frowned and glanced up at April who was trying her best to skate back to the redhead. A smile tugged at her lips as she watched. April's frizzy hair had grown a bit longer and she still adorned her bangs. Her freckles were more prominent now than before from spending time outside in the sun.

Her heart fluttered as April let out a giggle and hopped off of the skateboard, stumbling slightly as her feet hit the ground.

Max asked, "Are you okay?"

"More than okay," April replied, giving Max a hug before picking up the skateboard. She grabbed Max's hand—causing the Mayfield girl to blush furiously—and looked at the watch that adorned her wrist. "It's time to leave."

Max's heart sank when she watched April's smile turn into a frown.

"I really wish you could come," admitted Max, not removing her hand that April was still holding. "Not being able to take you around Hawkins sucks. I want to bring you to the mall and the pool." Max quickly added, "And El! You and El."