𝟶𝟸𝟽

╰☆☆☆☆╮

'𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚏𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛'

*trigger warning throughout entire chapter: panic attack & mentions of domestic abuse*

     CHRIS HEARD THE LOUD POUNDING of the alarm ringing throughout the laboratory. He ripped his wrist out of Will's grasp and held it close to his chest as he stared at the boy in horror. The pale skin of his wrist was littered with blue and purple marks.

He drew heavy breaths as Joyce was in shock from her son's action. She knew that her Will would never lay a negative hand on anyone, especially his friends.

Mike and Bob ran into the room, and Joyce broke away from the other two to move towards the duo, asking what was going on.

"We're under attack," informed Mike in a panicked tone of voice. Chris shakily inhaled as he looked around with wide, erratic eyes. His eyes focused on the three bottles of anesthetics before he grabbed one of the needles nearby. He whirled around and held it out to Mrs. Byers.

"We need to make Will sleep."

"What?" she cried out, turning her attention away from her to the brunet.

"He's a spy. If he knows where we are, so does the shadow monster!" Chris exclaimed, causing everyone to look over at Will whose brown eyes were narrowed at Chris.

"He's lying!" protested Will.

"He killed those soldiers, and he'll kill us too!" Mike added on with just as much fervency as Chris. Will thrashed around in the white, hospital bed, screaming 'they're lying!' at his mother—who needed Bob's help to hold him down.

Sudden gunshots from the hallway startled the Newby man. Joyce turned towards her son and pushed his shoulders down as she stared into his dark eyes.

"Will, Will, listen, listen!" she repeated to make him stop screaming. He stared at his mother with a cold and blank expression on his face. "Do you know who I am?" When he didn't respond immediately, she repeated her question with more force.