𝟶𝟶𝟹

╰☆☆☆☆╮

'𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚒𝚛𝚍𝚘 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚊𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚝'

    THE GROUP HAD VENTURED BACK to Mike's house as the rain started pouring down harder. The water pellets drenched their clothes, created heavy garments that grew heavier with each passing second spent outside.

No one had spoken a word, save for a few whispers between the boys. Eleven and Ten, or April as Chris referred to her as, were cautious of the others. The mental image of Benny's brain matter splattering across the clean diner floor still flooded their thoughts. The man had trusted the two, and they put his life in danger. The girls made a silent agreement to never put the boys in harm's way. Their body count was high enough; they didn't need to add four more to the list.

The young children snuck into Michael Wheeler's basement, their wet clothes dripping on the floor which marked their late night rendezvous. Ten and Eleven were holding onto each other's hand as their bare feet, that were red and scratched from the woods, padded down the stairs.

The residence was foreign and unknown to the two experiments. Their lips parted as they made their way down into the cold abyss of the Wheeler house. Ten was terrified for what was waiting for her down there. She had quite a shock when she saw a couch, blankets, and a table with miniature figurines strategically placed on top.

"Why don't you sit on the couch?" Chris suggested when everyone had made it down passed the final step. Ten's eyebrows furrowed at his sentence. When he realized that she didn't understand what he meant, he walked over to the couch and sat down. Using one of his hands, he patted the spot next to him.

When she finally grasped what he meant, Ten took hold of Eleven's hand and pulled her over to the piece of furniture. As soon as the two placed themselves down on the cushions, the Royales boy stood up and moved over towards his friends who were staring expectantly at the two girls. They had questions.

There was a booming thunder that racked the house, causing the two girls to tremble. Thoughts and visions plagued their minds as the loud sounds that triggered their memories of Hawkins National Laboratories.

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?" asked Mike, not realizing the girls' increased breathing rate. Both of them were staring down at the floor with wide eyes.

"Where's your hair?" Dustin questioned, earning a look from Mike. "Do you two have cancer?"

Lucas harried, "Did you both run away?" Chris' attention flickered back and forth between his friends and the girls. He saw how traumatized and scared they looked, and he didn't want to push them with fanatical questions.