f o u r t e e n

" I'm not alone

" I'm not alone..." ~ Alone (Restrung) - Alan Walker

For the past few days, Petra had been ignoring both Laika and Max as she pushed them away. She was almost too sure she wouldn't need anybody to help her... even though she was dying inside.

The day had gone by smoothly until the end of the school day where students were still there, packing their bags and shoving things into their lockers.

Addie suddenly called out for their attention.

"Today, we are gonna do something we haven't done for a long while... since it was our one and only favourite girl, Petra's, birthday!"

Petra stopped in her tracks as she heard her name.

Oh, great. It was her birthday. She slowly closed her locker shut and turned around to find everyone staring at her and Addie who was smiling at her.

In Addie's hand was an egg, which goes to the same as everyone who was handed an egg as well by Addie's friends.

Out of the corner of her eye, Petra saw even Laika and Max got an egg and they both only stared at it before she saw Laika crossing her arms while Max talked to his friends.

"And to celebrate, we're gonna do this!" Addie exclaimed and threw her egg at Petra.

The egg landed with a splat on Petra's shirt and she gasped. She tried to run away but some of them followed her (while the rest handed back the eggs and went home) until she stopped at the parking lot and turned around to glare at Addie who laughed.

"W-why Addie?" she asked. "Why me? We used to be best friends."

Everyone gasped upon hearing that. Addie gritted her teeth and then she suddenly laughed.

"Guys, guys, guys... are you seriously gonna believe a delusional girl as her?" Addie asked.

"Don't lie, Addie. I know almost everything about you... we grew up together," Petra went on. She was crying by then. "I don't care if y-you wanna c-call me delusional or w-what, I'm used to it. But does our dead friendship r-really m-meant n-nothing to you?"

"What are you talking about, Petra?"

"The stories we shared, the sleepovers we had, t-the scars we shared—"

"So now you're trying to ruin me by telling everyone about our long dead friendship, huh?"

Then she heard everyone gasped.

Shoot, she had let it slip.

"It wouldn't be dead if you hadn't betrayed me by backstabbing m-me."

At that, people started whispering to one another.

Addie growled and turned away.

"Throw the eggs," she commanded. No one moved. "I said throw the eggs!"

"Why should we?"

They all watched to see Laika stepping out of the crowd as she made her way towards Addie with the egg still in her hand.

"Oh, look, if it wasn't the principal's niece," Addie sneered.

Laika shrugged. She turned toward the crowd and almost laughed to see their stunned expressions.

"Are you guys seriously scared of this brat?" she asked before turning back to Addie. "Now convince us why should we throw these eggs at Petra, you betraying snake?"

"You did not just said that. TJ!" Addie screamed and out came TJ glaring down at Laika.

"Do you know what happen to anyone who goes against us?" he asked.

Laika only laughed in return.

"Do you know what happen to anyone who even dare touch a strand of hair of the principal's niece?"

"Oh, burnnnnn!" a chorus of voices shouted among the crowd.

TJ turned to the crowd and gritted his teeth.

"Who said that? I'll punch you one by one," he threatened.

"We did."

Petra could only stare in shock as the popular boys group walked out of the crowd, which included Max.

Max met her eyes and he smiled softly.

"You won't be punching anybody, TJ... and what the heck does TJ even stands for? Tomato juice?" Laika laughed, followed by the popular boys.

The rest, earning courage from this, eventually laughed along. Even Petra's tears have dried and she wiped her face with her sleeve.

"You useless b***h!" Addie screamed as she stomped toward Petra to release her rage on her and raised her hand to slap the girl but before she could reach Petra, she was stopped by Max who had ran and grabbed her wrist.

"You hit her, Laika's gonna report you now."

Addie glared at him while Petra and the others except Laika could only stare in bewilderment. Addie pulled away her hand and turned to them all.

"Are you seriously all taking her side?!"

"There were no sides in the first place. We have all known all along who's wrong... we were just scared of you. And I felt so stupid of that now... I have actually talked to Petra before this and I... words can't describe how much pain I see in her," Max paused as he came to stand beside Petra, who was gaping up at him in shock before starting to tear up. "Even though how much pain she has been through, she kept on insisting that she doesn't need anybody's help. And I admire her for that."

"Not to say that she's actually a sweet person. She helped me gained the confidence I have now through her website, the one you guys hate and trolled on. Back when I was in New York, I can't even talk to anybody. Petra helped me overcome that... she changed my life. Even my friends in New York called her a life saver, because she is." Laika told them as she stood beside Petra as well. "And today, the bullying needs to stop. Things are hard enough for her... I'm giving you guys a choice. Put those eggs back and go home, or face my aunt."

They all grew silent before slowly one by one handed the eggs to Addie's friends. Laika and Max handed their eggs back as well. Then the students all walked away, leaving only Addie, TJ, Laika, Petra and Max.

"Max, you go ahead with Petra... Addie and TJ, you are coming with me to meet my aunt."

.....

Hi, and welcome to iMotivate.com, a place where I'm here to support and help as much as I can for anyone who needs someone to listen to. I'll give you life advice, encouragements and also might be a friend to all of you. No matter what age, race, or religion you are, and where you are from, I will still be here for you. You can call me P and if you need any help, you can message me through this website, just click on the "send a message" button or you can email me at imotivatesupport@gmail.com. Don't be shy to send a message, I won't mind at all (unless it's inappropriate, that's unacceptable and will be blocked or deleted) but if you even want to drop a 'hi', go ahead!

 Don't be shy to send a message, I won't mind at all (unless it's inappropriate, that's unacceptable and will be blocked or deleted) but if you even want to drop a 'hi', go ahead!