s i x

" I found peace in your violence, can't show me there's no point in trying" - Silence ~ Marshmello, Khalid

Petra dragged her feet heavily into the school building that day. She had came earlier that day and people were barely there. She could spot Max Anderson with his group of friends though.

From the corner of her eyes, she saw them all laughing when she looked around her in hope that she would find her sketchbook.

All of them, except Max Anderson.

That was new, he would have laughed along with them all those times. They were leaning against a set of lockers while his friends snickered at her who finally gave up on her search and turned around to go to her locker but then stopped abruptly in her tracks.

She finally realized one of the lockers they were leaning against was hers. Knowing that she would just bring trouble to herself, she leaned against the wall and waited patiently for them to walk away. After a few minutes, she pulled her hood lower a little and dared herself to glance at them. But when she looked at them, she found Max himself was looking back at her. She tried to look away but his gaze made her froze in her place and she couldn't seemed to turn away. They stared at each other for a while, while his friends were all chatting and joking around, oblivious that they were having a staring contest.

Petra noticed that his face wasn't contorted into a sinister smirk or an ugly scowl. He only looked at her with... was that sympathy she detected?

He suddenly snapped back to the present moment and looked away, talking to his friends for a while. They all then walked away, giving her a chance to take her books out of her locker before the bell could ring. But just as she could rush to her locker, somebody slammed themselves against her locker, blocking her way.

It was of course, TJ himself. The person that approached them after was Addie the Queen of Bullies herself.

"Hey, loser... heard your website has been worse than before." Addie sneered, plastering a smirk on her face.

Petra could only looked down at the ground.

"I-I need to t-take my b-books—" but before she could finish her sentence, Addie's hand came and slapped her across the face roughly that she fell down helplessly, along with her hood.

Before she could stand up again, Addie yanked her by her hair and tilted her face upwards.

"Listen here, you filthy piece of sh*t. Don't you ever, ever, ever speak when I'm around because you know what? Your voice irritates me. If you dare speak again, I'll cut your tongue myself. So shut up! And look at me when I'm talking," Addie threatened. Petra shut her eyes, feeling tears appearing at the corner of her eyes.
"Why won't you f*****g look at me?!"

"Petra Howlis, to the principal's office. I repeat, Petra Howlis to the principal's office."

Hearing the announcement that came from the speakers, Addie pushed away Petra's head harshly, letting go of her before she and TJ walked away. Petra wasted no time standing up and tried her best to smooth down her messed up hair and rubbed the sting of her cheek where surely would leave a red mark.

Wiping her unshed tears and taking a deep breath, she rushed to Principal Taylor's office.

When she reached the office, she knocked on the door. Hearing the principal's permission to go in, she turned the knob on the door and went inside to find the principal and a girl around her age looking at her. The girl had shiny completely straight black hair that fell down to just below her shoulders. Her eyes were the colour of the ocean while her olive skin looked flawless. She was styled in an almost emo fashion. With eyeliner around her eyes, her lips in a slightly dark plum colour along with her black sweatshirt, black leggings, and black leather boots.

"Good morning, Ms. Hollis. This is Laika Hunter, who just shifted here a few days ago and today, she will start enrolling here." Principal Taylor introduced, smiling brightly at Petra.

The girl, Laika, smiled at her as well.

"Hi, nice to meet you."

Why does her name sounded so familiar?

Oh, wait...

This was not the Laika from New York was it?

Petra just smiled and waved weakly, with her hair covering half of her face, to cover the cheek that Addie slapped.

"Now that I've introduced you girls, I will say why I called you here today, Petra. So, I need you to help Miss Hunter here by being her guide around school for today... just, to let her warm up to this place. Will that be alright with you?"

Of course, afraid to decline, Petra nodded weakly.

.....

Hi, and welcome to iMotivate.com, a place where I'm here to support and help as much as I can for anyone who needs someone to listen to. I'll give you life advice, encouragements and also might be a friend to all of you. No matter what age, race, or religion you are, and where you are from, I will still be here for you. You can call me P and if you need any help, you can message me through this website, just click on the "send a message" button or you can email me at imotivatesupport@gmail.com. Don't be shy to send a message, I won't mind at all (unless it's inappropriate, that's unacceptable and will be blocked or deleted) but if you even want to drop a 'hi', go ahead!

 Don't be shy to send a message, I won't mind at all (unless it's inappropriate, that's unacceptable and will be blocked or deleted) but if you even want to drop a 'hi', go ahead!