Prologue

-*- Prologue -*-

I was standing in the church, just a few hours before the inevitable.

Watching the decoration with a broken heart, my eyes fell on the pure white matching the dark red, and the white carpet on the aisle was covered with rose petals. There were bouquets of roses at the end of every bench, and the staff from the orchestra started to appear from the back door.

Walking slowly towards the altar, I felt the petals bending underneath my heels and I sighed.  This wasn’t supposed to happen. This is not the way things were supposed to go!

I shouldn’t be here, full of regrets, waiting for him to make a completely wrong decision.

I remembered his smile, the way it lightened my day just like the sweet sunshine, how he had understood me completely every time, and every situation, and he had been there, always next to me, supporting me, caring about me… And now he was about to make the most important step with… somebody else.

And I couldn’t change anything anymore. I couldn't understand why. I couldn't understand how. And I was standing in front of the altar, with nothing else but regrets and old memories that I would never recover.

***********

Hello everyone, I'm so grateful to you who are reading this. 

The full version of the book was deleted from Wattpad due to publishing, and the book will be available everywhere soon

 Click on the external link!!!