Part 4

Hello, I am back. Also, finally changed the title. Two or three people had suggested "Me and You," so I was like *shrug* okay me likey

Summary: Harry has some uncomfortable and guilty thoughts about Ron being prefect; Mrs. Weasley throws a party for Ron and Hermione; the boggart doesn't only affect her

It was silent for a moment, broken by Hermione.

"Erm — Harry — could I borrow Hedwig so I can tell Mum and Dad? They'll be really pleased — I mean prefect is something they can understand."

"Yeah, no problem," said Harry, who for some reason couldn't look at her anymore. "Take her."

She called Hedwig down and left.

Harry stood by himself for a while, his previous enthusiasm for Ron severely dampened. He was glad for Ron, he knew he was, so why did he feel so bad all of a sudden?

Because you deserve it more than he does, an ugly part of him said.

No! the other side of him argued, horrified. Ron does deserve it! He's done loads of stuff!

You've done more.

Harry shook his head to clear his thoughts. Was he a terrible boyfriend — or even just a terrible friend — for thinking this?

Yes. But he also knew he had meant every word he said to the twins. Footsteps sounded and he turned to see Ron.

"Just caught her!" he said happily. "She says she'll get the Cleansweep if she can."

"Cool," Harry said, and he was relieved he didn't feel as though the words had been forced out. "Listen — Ron — well done."

"I never thought it would be me!" Ron said, shaking his head. "I thought it would be you."

"Nah, Fred was right about one thing. I've caused too much trouble," Harry said, shrugging.

"But don't you wish you were prefect?" Ron asked.

"It would have been nice," Harry admitted. "But I've already experienced the prefect's bathroom."

Ron laughed, his shoulders loosening. "Come on. We better start packing our trunks."

"To Ron and Hermione, the new Gryffindor prefects!" Mr. Weasley cheered, and everyone echoed it.

Ron and Hermione beamed, and they all moved to the table to eat.

"I was never a prefect myself," Tonks said. "My Head of House said I lacked certain necessary qualities."

"Like what?" Ginny said.

"Like the ability to behave myself."

Hermione took a sip of butterbeer and promptly choked. Ginny thumped her on the back. "What about you, Sirius?"

"No one would have made me prefect, I spent too much time in detention with James. Lupin was the good boy, he got the badge."

"I think Dumbledore might have hoped I would be able to exercise some control over my best friends," said Lupin. "I need scarcely say that I failed dismally."