Chapter 25 Request Denied

*ITALICS=DOTHRAKI*

After Drogo and Rhaesa took the boys to their room for their nap, they met with Daenerys, Missandei, Ser Barristan, and Ser Jorah to discuss how the morning had gone, “The people are praising your name Khaleesi,” Ser Jorah said,

“All of the former slaves are calling you Mhysa and the Bringer of Life,” Daenerys informed her sister.

“But there is a large group of the former master that have requested an audience with you, My Queen,” Missandei explained.

Rhaesa raised an eyebrow, “Oh, and what do they want?”

“They wish to have their family members that have been crucified returned to them so that they may have a proper burial.”

Rhaesa looked at her husband, *Were any of those men wrongfully crucified?*

*No, My Khaleesi, Drogon could tell which master was involved and which one wasn't. We were careful only to pick the guilty ones.* Drogo explained.

Rhaesa nods. “Then they will rot in the sun. And when the bodies have been picked clean by the vultures, then their bodies will be returned,” Rhaesa decided.

“Do you think that is wise, Khaleesi,” Ser Barristan asked.

“That was the fate of the children then nailed up. So the favor shall be returned. Shall we begin?”

Everyone on Rhaesa's council nods in agreement. They make their way into the throne room of the Great Pyramid, where the former masters of Meereen are waiting for Rhaesa. Rhaesa had requested that an extra throne be made so that Drogo may sit at her side. She had no intention of ruling Slaver's Bay alone. Drogo was a Great Khal, and it wasn't right for him not to rule alongside her.

Upon entering the throne room, Rhaesa sees the former masters huddled together, surrounded by the Unsullied. But that was not what they feared. A few moments before Rhaesa and her party entered, Balerion and his brothers flew into the throne room and took up positions on either side of the throne. Rhaesa looked at Drogo and smiled when she saw that her children had taken positions to protect their parents.

Rhaesa and Drogo sat down on their thrones; Ser Barristan took his position behind Rhaesa while Daenerys took a seat on a chair next to her sister. Ser Jorah stood behind Dany. Missandei took a few steps down and addressed the masters.

“You are in the presence of Queen Rhaesa Targaryen, Mother of Dragons, The Unburned, Breaker of Chains, and Bringer of Life. And Khal Drogo, Khal of Khals, Father of Dragons, The Undefeated.” Missandei proclaimed, she then made her way to stand next to Drogo so she could translate for him.

The former masters got on their knees and bowed to the two new Monarchs, with a nod from Rhaesa, the masters stood up, “State your business,” Rhaesa said.

One of the masters stepped forward to address Rhaesa, “Your Grace I am Hizdahr zo Loraq. I represent the families of the Wise Masters of Meereen.”

Drogo leaned over and whispered in Rhaesa's ear, *He is the one I dealt with when Meereen surrendered.*

Rhaesa nodded.

“And how can I be of service to the former masters of Meereen,” Rhaesa asked.

Hizdahr zo Loraq bristled at Rhaesa's words, “The families of the crucified would like to have their bodies returned to have them properly buried.”

“Tell me, do you have someone in your family that was crucified,” Daenerys asked.

Hizdahr zo Loraq cleared his throat, “No, my Princess, my father was spared.”

“Then how is this any concern of yours,” Rhaesa asked.

“As I said before, I was chosen to represent the families,” Hizdahr zo Loraq, “We believe that the families of the masters have suffered enough watching their family members crucified.”

“Tell me, Hizdahr zo Loraq, were the children that were going to crucified going to receive proper burials or were their bodies going to be left there to rot and be scavenged off of by the crows?”

The masters looked at each other uncomfortably, Hizdahr zo Loraq hesitated, “My father protested the cruelty that was done to the children,” He said.

At that moment, Drogo spoke, and Missandei translated, “The Great Khal said that your father was not punished. The only ones that were punished were those that were responsible. Therefore they will stay where they are until their bones have been picked clean, then you can have their bones,” Missandei continued to translate.

Hizdahr zo Loraq eyes narrowed at Drogo, he then looked at Rhaesa, “Is this true, Your Grace?”

“It is as the Great Khal said. As they were going to leave those innocent children to rot, so they will suffer the same fate.”

The room erupted in shouts and protests. The masters began to get more aggressive until the Unsullied brought up their spears and threatened them. Still, they continued to shout insults at Rhaesa and Drogo. A roar from Balerion and Meraxes quickly silenced them. Drogon got to his feet and let his chest glow with Dragonfire.

“I offer you a deal,” Rhaesa said, “The master bend the knee and swear allegiance to me, and when the bodies have been picked clean, they will be returned.”

The families talked amongst themselves and decided that they had no other choice. One by one, each new head of the Wise Masters stepped forward to bend the knee and swore allegiance to Queen Rhaesa of House Targaryen and the Great Khal Drogo. With that, they were dismissed. Once they left, Rhaesa let out a sigh.

“I think that went well.”

“I think so too, Sister.”

“They have sworn fealty, Khaleesi, but do not be surprised if some of them go back on their word,” Ser Barristan said.

*I agree with Barristan, My Khaleesi, it would be a good idea to increase guards around the children and yourself, and your sister,* Drogo said.

Rhaesa agreed with her husband and informed Grey Worm that extra guards should be posted for Rhaego and Reuel as well as her and Dany and Missandei. Grey Worm bowed and left to get it done. After that, Rhaesa, Drogo, and her retinue left the throne room to have lunch. After lunch, they would explore the city to see what needed to be done to improve the lives of her people.

SORRY, THIS WAS SO SHORT, BUT IT WAS ALL IT COULD THINK OF AT THE MOMENT. I HOPE YOU ALL LIKED IT.