Chapter 40 Fun Day

For the rest of the day, Arya played with the dragons while Missandei and Ned looked on. Ned screamed in panic when he saw Balerion pick up Arya by the scruff of her tunic with his teeth and gently toss her toward Meraxes. Ned was convinced the other dragon would devour his daughter; instead, Meraxes used his wing to soften Arya's landing, and she slid down his wing like a slide. Arya was surprised when Balerion picked her up, though she wasn't afraid. She yelled in surprise, though, when the dragon tossed her but giggled when she slid down Meraxes' wing.

Ned stood there shaking after seeing that; Missandei hugged her husband and kissed his cheek, “You don't have to worry, my love; the dragons would never endanger Arya. They do the same thing to the twins, but they do not toss them.”

“Then why did that great beast do that to Arya? He could have killed her,” Ned stated.

Balerion turned toward Ned when he heard his comment. Balerion narrowed his eyes and growled menacingly at Ned; Ned took a step back and looked at Missandei.

“Did he understand me?” Ned asked.

“Yes. The dragons understand many languages, though they only speak to their mothers.”

Arya, walking on Vhagar's back, snapped her head towards Missandei, “The dragons speak to the Queen and Princess?!” She yelled her question at Missandei. Then slipped off Vhagar's back, but she caught the little girl with her wing. The little girl slid down Vhagar's wing and landed before Missandei and her father. She stared at Missandei wide-eyed.

“Yes, the dragons speak to their mothers. Khal Drogo also understands them,” Missandei informed her new daughter.

“How does he understand them? The Khal isn't related to the Targaryens.”

“No, he is not, but Queen Rhaesa's dragons bonded with the Great Khal by drinking some of his blood,” Missandei informed the two Starks.

Suddenly, it dawned on Ned that the same thing could happen with Robb, “Does that mean that Robb will be able to understand the dragons as well,” Ned asked his wife.

Missandei thought for a moment, “That all depends on whether the dragons consider your son the Princess's mate, and if the Princess allows it.”

Arya squealed in delight, “Oh I hope the dragons think that and that the Princess will allow it. That would be incredible!”

It was now late in the day and Missandei told Arya that it was time to dress for dinner with the Royal Family. Arya complained about having to wear a dress. Ned was about to admonish Arya when Missandei laughed and kneeled in front of Arya, “The Queen does not expect you to wear a dress if you do not want to, Sweetling. When the Queen was your age, she rarely wore dresses. She preferred breeches so that she could train.”

Arya gawked at her stepmother, “Queen Rhaesa can fight?!” Arya asked, astonished.

“Yes, Ser Barristan Selmy and Ser Luwin Martell used to train her when she was little,” Missandei explained, “And Ser Jorah trained the Princess.”

“Do you think, the Queen could train me?” Arya asked.

“I am sure she would love to, but if she cannot, she will probably ask Ser Barristan to train you.”

Arya grinned at Missandei and ran back to the Great Pyramid, “Come on! I can't wait to meet the Queen and Princess!” Arya yelled at her parents.

Ned chuckled and he took Missandei's hand and together they walked back toward the Great Pyramid.

A/N: I'M SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT, BUT I'M STARTING TO FEEL BETTER AND I WANTED TO GET SOMETHING OUT FOR YOU ALL. I'LL TRY TO MAKE THE NEXT ONE LONGER.