Chapter 22 Reunions

*ITALICS= DOTHRAKI*
**BOLD= DRAGONS TALKING**

Daenerys smiled as she watched her sister being reunited with her husband. She looked at Ser Barristan, who had a smile on his face as well. Daenerys asked Jhiqui and Doreah to her the boys so that she and Missandei could take them down to their parents. Ser Barristan and Ser Jorah joined them as they made their way down to where Rhaesa and Drogo were standing.

Drogo was holding onto Rhaesa with his cheek on her head, and his eyes closed, relishing in the feel of his wife in his arms again. Drogo looked up when he heard a horse whinny. He noticed that Daenerys and another woman had his sons with them. Drogo smiled at the sight of his sons. They sat in front of the riders looking around in wonder. When Rhaego and Reuel spotted their mother, they smiled and began to giggle and called out to her, "Mama!" The twins cried.

Drogo marveled at how much the twins had grown in three months and felt a little saddened that he had missed their growth and their first words. He was afraid that his sons wouldn't recognize him and would be frightened of him. As Daenerys and Missandei neared, Drogo smile grew, the boys looked more like him than they did before but with their mother's beautiful violet eyes.

Daenerys stopped her horse, and Ser Jorah took Reuel from her so she could get off the horse, Ser Barristan did the same for Missandei. The girls took the babies back from the knights and walked over to Rhaesa and Drogo. Daenerys smiled at her good brother, "It's good to see you, brother." Dany said in the Common Tongue.

"It is good to see you as well, sister. I am pleased that you and my wife are unharmed."

"Thank you, brother. I, too, am pleased to see that no harm came to you."

"It was an easy battle, and the guards readily betray the masters for a chance at freedom."

Daenerys nodded, "I thought that you would want to see your sons, so Missandei and I brought them down to you."

Drogo looks at Missandei, she bows and introduces herself, "Great Khal, I am Missandei, loyal servant and interpreter for her grace, Queen Rhaesa, and Princess Daenerys."

Drogo nods then looks at the baby in her arms. Drogo takes a step towards Rhaego but the boy whimpers and hides his head in Missandei's shoulder, Drogo frowns at his son's reaction. He looks at Rhaesa, confused and a little hurt, Rhaesa lays her hand on his arm.

"He doesn't remember you, My Warrior Love. Give him some time to become acquainted with you again."

Rhaesa steps forward and takes Rhaego from Missandei, she held him close then points at Drogo, "This is your father, my love, do you remember, Dada?"

"Dada?" The baby asks, "Ave?" He asks in Dothraki.

"Sek, Rhaego, anha zin yeri ave." (Yes, Rhaego, I am your father.)

Drogo held his hands out to the baby to see if Rhaego would come to him. Rhaego hesitated for a moment then looked up at his mother; she gave him an encouraging nod. Very carefully, Rhaego leaned towards his father and let Drogo take him from his mother. Father and son stared at each other for a long time, until Rhaego reached up and yanked Drogo's beard, causing the Great Khal to yelp. Rhaego smiled and broke out in giggles. Drogo chuckled at hearing his son laugh then yelped again as Rhaego pulled on his beard even harder. This caused the baby to go into a fit of giggles.

Drogo laughed, *You like pulling on Ave's beard, don't you?*

The baby laughed and went to pull on his beard a third time, but Rhaesa stopped him, "No, Rhaego, that hurts your Dada, be nice."

*It does not bother me, Moon of My Life.*

I know it doesn't, but he needs to learn that it's not nice.