Chapter 39 Meeting Someone New

Arya was excited that they were going to tour Meereen. From what she had seen, it was a beautiful city very different from anything Arya had ever known. Missandei led her husband and new daughter to the market; when Arya saw the need, she became excited and almost ran off to explore, but Ned grabbed her arm.

“No, Little Wolf, you cannot explore alone; it's too dangerous.”

Arya pouted but continued to walk with her father and new mother. Missandei took Arya to all the stalls so she could see what they sold. Arya was fascinated with the different types of food; she had never seen such a wide variety. Missandei bought Arya some fruit for her to taste, and Arya loved it.

The little family spent several hours wandering the streets of Meereen until a guard found them and presented a note to Missandei. Missandei broke the seal and read the message, “What is it?” Ned asked.

Missandei smiled, “Queen Rhaesa requests a meeting with us. She wants to meet Arya.”

Arya swallowed hard; she was a little intimidated about meeting the Queen, even though she had only heard kind things about Queen Rhaesa from Missandei and the children in the market. But Arya was also excited; she hoped to see the dragons up close.

Missandei gave the letter to Ned, “It reads that we are expected for the evening meal.” He looked at the sun and realized they still had plenty of time to continue their tour. Ned turned toward the guard, “Please tell her majesty that my family and I would be delighted to dine with her.”

The guard bowed and left.

Meanwhile, in the Great Pyramid, Rhaegar discussed with his sisters about Gendry “After talking with the boy, I do not doubt that the boy is Robert's bastard son, Sister,” Rhaegar told his sister.

Rhaesa narrowed her eyes, “I think there's more to him than you think, Brother. When you questioned him about his background, didn't he tell you that he vaguely remembered his mother and that she had blonde hair? And didn't Cersei give birth to a son that looked like Robert, who died shortly after his birth?”

Dany's eyes widened, “You don't think she got rid of the baby and passed off another as Robert's dead child?”

Rhaegar rubbed his chin, “I wouldn't put it past her. We all know how much she loathed Robert.”

The sisters agreed with their older brother. Dany looked at her sister, “What should we do about him, Rhae? He could challenge us for the Iron Throne.”

Rhaesa shook her head, “I doubt that, Dany. He's too humble and has no experience. We can offer Gendry to become Lord of Storm's End, as is his right. He will replace Renly, who I have heard is never there and is a useless Lord,” Rhaesa commented.

“What are we going to do about Lord Stark?” Dany asked.