Chapter 10- So Close

Start from the beginning

I don't know how long it had been and I must have fallen asleep because someone shook my shoulder. I looked up hoping foolishly it was Karsyn. Instead I found myself looking at Oliver Queen. "Hey Barry," he said. "Hey," I said quietly. I felt an odd numb feeling as though there was nothing. Everything felt dull. She's gone isn't she? "I'm sorry," Ollie said. I nodded knowing now he felt this too many times. This was one person I had lost twice. Oliver has lost so many Sarah, Tommy, Moira, Shadoh, the list could go on for days.

I looked up at him and replied, "Not like you're the one who shot her." Oliver was about to speak when the door flew open and shut quickly. Kaitlynn slid her back against the door shaken up. An alarm went off and The Cheshire Cat was running Cisco not far behind her. I used my speed and pinned her against wall her back towards me Cisco handed me the cuffs and I roughly shoved her off the wall pacing as I ran my hand through my hair.

"What's wrong Flash you can't run from your problems for once," She teased. "She was your sister Dakota,"I said raising my voice. I stopped to look at her incredulously as she said. "No Barry I was never her sister," she said with smile like she'd won a victory. I took a deep strained breath and clenched my jaw as I spat, "Rot in hell." She laughed and was taken to the cells. I walked to the wall punching it.

I changed into my suit and started running. I didn't know where I was going. I just needed to get away from it all. My earpeice came on. "Barry you need to get back here now Oliver took Dakota in for a 'questioning'," Kaitlynn said. "Let him," I said. "Barry," Kaitlynn said louder. "What," I asked. "Get back here now," Kaitlynn demanded.

I did so and on a monitor was Cheshire Cat tied to a chair and Oliver aiming an arrow at her. "Who do you work for," Oliver demanded. "Same league as Sarah.... Oliver," Dakota retorted. Oliver seemed to stand still, but Dakota chuckled, "That caught you're attention huh?" "Who are you really," Oliver demanded. "I think you know," Dakota fired. "Answer the question," He demanded and shot an arrow in her shoulder. She didn't even flinch. "That's cute really but I must be going," She said and pulled the arrow out escaping.

"She just pulled an arrow out of her shoulder," Cisco said in awe. "I wonder if she can heal fast," Kaitlynn mumbled. "The league trains some of their top assasins to control the centers on their brain that tramsmits pain," I explained what Oliver had told me. "That's possible," Cisco asked. I nodded. "The Cheshire Cat is a rouge member of the league she's an allie but not a full time member," I explianed. "How do you know so much," Cisco asked. "She was my first mission assigned from the league," I said. Its my fault Karsyn is dead. "This is my fault," I said. "What do you mean," Kaitlynn asked. "It was my job to take her out and I insisted on just locking her away. Now she escaped and killed Karsyn," I said pulling on the hood.

"It's not your fault Barry," Kaitlynn added. "If I had done what I was told Karsyn would be alive," I fired. "There is a way..... to get her back," Wells said. My heart leaped out of my chest. I could bring her back. "How," I asked. Ignoring the slight head shake of Cisco. "Dr. Wells he might not survive that," Cisco said, "As awesome as it would be he could barely reach mach one let alone mach 50." "Which is why he'd have to train," Wells said.

~10 years later~

I woke up to a voice in my ear. "Barry," Iris said. I smiled at her. Alot had happened. Iris and I were dating now but it wasn't the same feelings I had, had for Karsyn. I kept reminding myself to stop comparing everything to her. I doubt I'd timetravel far enough to save her. If I don't get it today I never will. "I'm off to work," I said to Iris. "I'll see you after then," she said pecking my lips. I smiled and got up getting changed after she walked out.

It was a bitter sweet feeling in my gut. If I get Karsyn back everything I trained for will have been worth it. If I don't I still have a life with Iris. I walked to STAR labs and Cisco looked at me, "You ready man?" I nodded. I changed into my Flash suit and walked outside of the building. I started running and everything slowed until time practically stood still. I could feel myself reach Mach 1. I made it halfway across the pacific reaching mach 3. I ate an energy bar or two to keep my energy up and was around mach 10 by the time I reached back to Central.

That means five more laps around the Earth to start going back in time. I was glad that I had packed the energy bars and reached mach twenty. I was increasing speed steadily and eventaully I had made it to Mach 50. I'm doing it! I kept running and I must have over calculated because as I came to a stop as the particle accelerator was exploding. I was stuck in a bolt of lightning. This is the paradox Karsyn meant. The lightning chose me because it is me. I traveled through the air and through my old body.

Wow I was kinda awkward. I didn't stop moving and suddenly I was at a street corner. I looked across and Karsyn was about to be hit by a bus. I instinctively ran and carried her to were young me was at the other corner. I ran to the street corner and saw her look back. I smiled seeing her alive. I ran before she saw me and smiled. I remember that day. the realization of how much I cared for her. I took a step forward and suddenly I was there the night she died. I ran into the room and took the gun from Cheshire Cat and emptied the ammo then put on the safety. I cuffed her and picked up Karsyn. I ran her to the room I had been in and put myself behind Dakota. I let time play.

Old me looked suprised and then instincts took over and he took her arm then brought Cheshire to a cell. I started to fade and I smiled. Karsyn will live. Aleast for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Young Barry's P.O.V.

After locking away the Cheshire cat I questioned how she had gotten out. I should have listened to the league Karsyn almost died because of me. I found Karsyn sitting in shock. "The Cheshire cat is Dakota," she mumbled. "What," I asked confused. "My sister tried to kill me," she said. I saw realization then anger.

"Karsyn," I exhaled cautiously and wrapped my arms around her about to try and comfort her. "Barry let go of me," she demanded. I did so confused and I watched her walk out the door. I followed and she shoved past Oliver, who walked in, morphing into the Jinx. "What are you doing," I asked. "Finishing the league's mission with Cheshire Cat," she said pulling out a staff. I couldn't move my feet were frozen over as were Oliver's. "Karsyn," I called. Oliver and I kept calling after her.