Chapter 10- So Close

Barry's P.O.V.

Things went south fast. As soon as the meta human showed up in Karsyn's apartment her eyes would flicker from brown to red. Now in STAR labs she had been making an effort to remain calm. That was until the knife machine went off. She put up some sort of forcefield and her irises went fully red. It was cool and horrifying at the same time. She did a back hand spring as a tranq flew at her. I ran around and grabbed her elbows pulling her arms back.

"Karsyn relax," I said. I got an elbow to the ribs and suddenly I was on my ass. She went into full on fighting mode and I started to speed towards her but my feet caught on each other and I fell on my stomach. I got to my feet and started to follow the plan of cornering her to the monitor room to flash the cure. She tried to jinx me now and I managed to dodge it. I ran faster and saw that I had to keep her to the left side and I ran back trailing behind her giving her the image I can't run at full speed for whatever reason. She went down the correct hall and I looped around and locked the door.

I heard a gunshot and opened the door seeing Karsyn on the ground in a pool of blood. WHAT!? I felt pale instantly and knelt beside her. "I'm sorry I failed Karsyn," I said tears in my eyes. "I'm sorry," I apologized resting my head rested on her stomach. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Barry," a voice called.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.O.V. Change
Karsyn's P.O.V.

I went from seeing red to everything around me. I felt like I was being hunted and ran. I ran into a room and the door locked. Something blue flashed in my eyes and the red went away. I blinked a few times and eyerthing was still. I looked at the atomic clock and it didn't move. I looked around confused. I turned to see someone standing a few feet infront of me. It was a female, "Jinx you have failed this city." I shook my head, "No hun that's the arrows phrase," I replied.

She had green kimono like dress with black shorts and long black hair. She wore knee high black boots and a white mask with a smile painted on it and a voice desguiser. I noticed now the long claws extended from her knuckles like wolverine.

She ran at me and I stepped out of the way. She was quick on her feet and sliced my arm. I managed to heal fast enough to handspring away. Suddenly a fist went to my abdomen and I was wheezing for breath. I tried to jinx the attacker but I was stabbed again and fell to my knees screaming in pain. This wako can kill Barry. I need to make sure she doesn't. I got up and used pressure point fighting. I was almost successful at taking her down when everything started to play as it time was unpaused and she pulled out a gun saying, "Goodnight 'sister'." "Da-," I started as the gunshot went off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to Barry's P.O.V.

I looked up to see a girl with long black hair, a green dress, knee high black boots and a white mask. The Cheshire Cat. I stood up taking a sharp breath. My hood was off. I clenched my hands into fists and the mask came off. I didn't know what to feel. "Dakota," I choked out. "That's Karsyn," she asked looking at Karsyn as her dead body morphed from her costume to her street self. "YES IT IS," I shouted. "What have I done," She asked. I clenched my jaw and looked back at Karsyn.

I picked her up and carried her into the room they used to fix me up a few times. Kaitlynn imediatly got to work and made me sit outside. I heard Dakota sob and walk struggling against Cisco's restraints. I sat tensely remembering what Babs, the Oracle said when I was in Starling. "Don't trust the Cheshire Cat. She will kill someone very important," echoed in my mind. I hated how the rooms were sound proof right now. I know it's useless but I hoped Karsyn would heal and comeback. I felt tears well up. This is the second time a funeral will have to be arranged if she doesn't make it. Her own damn sister killed her.