Chapter 5- Metal Heads, Prudes, and Atomic Bombs

He should be dead. Barry needs to run. "I'm also looking for the Flash," Tony said. He had a voice desguiser but he was so close I could hear him. "Fuck you Tony," I said in a strangled voice. I saw Barry in the Flash outfit. "You wanted me fine let her go," Barry said his voice was strange probably vribrating his vocal cords at excsessive rates. I looked around and placed my hands on Tony's wrist holding me and froze the inner barrel of his gun. I flipped him over me. "You fucked with the wrong person," I said. His hands became metal and I ducked a heavy hand swinging over my head. I spun up and knife handed his neck before he fould make it metal. He was weezing for air and I elbowed him in the jaw knocking him unconscious. He was gone a second later.

I walked away from the people all staring at me and sat on the bench. A woman tall with long brown curly hair and soft features sat next to me. "I'm Laurel. I'm friends with Ollie," she said. "I'm Karsyn I'm friends with Barry," I said. "That was really brave," Laurel said. I shrugged, "Self-dafense classes." "Ahh," she said. We sat in awkward silence and she said, "Well if you need anyone to talk to I'm always available." She handed me a card that I put in my bag and walked away. Isn't she married to Oliver? No neither of them had a wedding band.

I walked back towards the party and it was nothing but flashing lights, loud music and people dancing. It was extremely intimidating. I was engulfed by the crowd and looked around for Barry. I caught him with Ailani and she was flirting. I have no shot now. He idolized her in high school and now his dream girl was totally hitting on him. I walked inside and there was still a ton of people scattered. I walked up to my room. I wiped off my make up and put on my suit. I tied my hair in a ponytail. Anger and disappointment boiled inside me. I put on the make up and walked to my window.

I opened the large window amd looked down a garage was a few feet away. With a running start I leaped out an rolled as I got on the roof. I opened a compartment that was on my ankle. It opened up into a hover board and I stepped on it. It was like skate board and I used it with ease. I managed to get into the city in minutes. After getting off the board I packed it away in an alley. I jumped up and stayed on a roof. I ran and jumped onto the next one. I was in the nicer side based on how intact it was. I dropped into and alley and stayed silent in the shadows as a woman ran this way. A van followed. The woman was no older than I was and smaller, as well as weaker. She was wheezing and pulling out an inhaler. Two men walked out speaking Russian.

"C'mon little girl," one said as if this amused him. "No," I said stepping forward. "Leave the girl alone," I warned. "Who the hell are you," the other asked. Russian mob I can tell by their tatoos. "I'm the Magi look it up bitch," I said as they took a step forward. I punched one's throat and and kicked the other in a gut. He grabbed my leg and I jumped spinning and kicked his jaw knocking him unconscious. I did a hand spring back twoards the other. "Boo," I said and he ran back into the van driving away.

I tied up the other man leaving an anonomyous tip to the cops. I walked towards the street and heard a low voice ask, "Why aren't you at the party?" I looked over to see Oliver. "I don't like parties much. Too many people," I said turning into another alley and jumped onto a fire escape as I climbed higher reaching the roof. "Where's Flash," Oliver asked. I shrugged, "Last I saw by the pool with some chick being oblivious to the fact she was flirting with him."

"I wasn't oblivious just ignoring it," he said. "Why? Ailani is a gorgous billionaire," I said. He shrugged. I chuckled, "Oh c'mon you worshipped her." He shook his head, "No I worshipped Iris." "Uh uh you liked Iris and worshipped Ailani no one can like Ailani and Iris is to sweet to let people worship her," I argued. "Well it doesn't matter I declined her dinner date," He said. "What," I asked. "Yeah she was really pissed," He said. I chuckled. I can't ever be with him I'm gonna die next month.

"I feel like I'm intruding want me to go," Oliver asked. "You're not intruding on anything I promise," I said. A gunshot went off in the precinct next to us. I ran and jumped onto the roof. I hid behind the door. I heard voice making demands into a walkie talkie. The door opened and the man with a ski mask ended up starting to fight Oliver. I slipped inside and jumped into the vent. I crawled silently and peered through the vent. A man was standing electricity crackled from his finger tips his eyes were an icy blue almost white. Barry ran in and froze. I kicked the vent down and landed in the floor near Barry.

The electric man pulled back ready to fire at Barry and I ran shoving him out of the way. Electricity shot through me. All I could feel was an intense burning. I looked up at the man and added rapid amounts of hydrogen neutralizing the charge putting out the electricity. He shot another and I froze it causing it to crystalize. The burning stopped but I was exhausted. I didn't see the next energy jolt and I felt a push but now Barry and I were in the cross fire. I looked back and Oliver was aiming the arrow.

"Free them," I shouted looking back at the electricity man. His white blue lightning stayed the same color around his hand my end started turning black with a blue shimmer, and Barry's was orange gold. The electricity fired back and shot through the man. A massive burst of energy sent us all reeling back. I was being held up. The man was dead. The officers were all running off and Oliver was gone. Flashing lights shown in through the mirror. I blinked amd realized I was on the roof now. Barry was wheezing.

"Maybe," I said weakly, "you should get an inhaler." He chuckled. Someone said below, "Hey what's the date again?" "October first," another replied. I scoffed. "Hey, hey Karsyn stay with me," he said feeling for a pulse. He took out an energy bar and ate it quickly. "I'm running over now," He said. Earpiece. I felt the world rush past me. It seemed like forever before I saw the inside of the arrow cave. I was placed on a metal tabel. I felt a burning pain and electrical charge run through me. I screamed in pain and clenched my hands into fists. My eyes popped open and I looked around more alert. I was strapped in an started slipped my hands out.

"Cl-," Roy started and I held up a hand grabbing his wrist, but frost was forming in his arm on touch. "I will freeze you're ass dead if you do that again," I said letting go if his wrist as he shut it off. I tried to unlatch my foot and frost formed as I did. It was frail and frozen. I let go and it melted. "Okay what's up with Elsa," Roy asked. I shot him a glare. "So you don't like being called Elsa," he mumbled. Barry unstrapped my feet.

"Karsyn I know what's going on," Cisco's voice said in my ear. "Welcome to the party Cisco alright take a shot at it," I said. "The way your powers work is that you control the electrical bonds between neutrons and electrons and protons to form elements it's not just Hydrogen that's just the easiest one to create," Cisco said. I found myself on the roof and looked around. "In order to regulate your system you have to basically create a star or you could explode like an atomic bomb and take out half of the west coast. .... no pressure," he said.

I closed my eyes and remembered a pirture of the hydrogen gas in a star that I had researched in college. I had my hands closed and opened them. A tiny star was in my hands. I expanded it a bit and pushed it up I spent most of my energy just sending it light years away. I imagined it expanding and I started to lose my energy. I fell to my knees the star fadded out. I couldn't move.

"What happened," Cisco and Barry asked simutaneously. "I can't do it," I said weakly. "You can't give up," Barry said. "I can't create a star Barry I don't have that kind of energy," I said. "Can you supress exploding long enough to find a solution," Cisco asked. I made Barry's bluetooth fry out. "Barry there's a way to fix this if I channel energy from the frozen Alaska tundra I can do it," I said. "Are you sure," He asked. I nodded. "Karsyn what are you doing," I heard Cisco ask worriedly. I ignored it as Barry picked me up and I was focusing on not exploding. I felt the energy surging. Not finding a way out. I felt cold now. I gave him an energy bar.

"Barry! Cisco said that Iris and Joe are introuble go I can do this," I said. "I'm not leaving you here," He said. "I'll be fine. They might die Barry," I said. "I'll be back I promise," he said. I have nothing to lose. I leaned in and kissed him. "I know," I said. He looked shocked and smiled running off. I listened back to my bluetooth. "What are you doing," Cisco asked again. "I've seen my grave Cisco I die today," I said. "No you won't," He said. "Goodbye thanks guys," I said turning off the earpeice. I felt excruciating pain and screamed. Energy burst out of my side and I felt every atom in my body being ripped to shreds. This is it huh?