Chapter 8- The Jinx

"I'm sorry Karsyn, but Dakota didn't make it," The woman said. I sat there numbly. "Karsyn," Barry said cautiously. I couldn't speak even if I could I don't know what I'd say. I lost the last family I had. "Karsyn," he said again. I stood up numbly and started walking out of the door. Anger started to boil inside of me.

"Karsyn where are you going," He called. "I don't know," I said. I was stopped and he stood infront of me. "I'm fine Barry," I said. "You just lost your sister," he stated, "Just... don't shut down." "I'm fine," I said kissing his cheek. He just looked at me with that 'I do not believe you' face. I was so used to pain I felt nothing but anger towards Wells. "You're really okay," he asked. I nodded. "I'm really alright," I said. I walked with him our fingers laced together.

The only stabel thing keeping me from going crazy. If I lost Barry I don't think I'd have the same morals. I felt a tear roll down and quickly wiped it away. We neared STAR labs and I walked in. I felt suffocated as Wells rolled in. The hatred boild at his smug look. "What happened," he asked. "Dakota got into a crash and didn't make it," Barry said. I got a call and picked it up. "Karsyn it's Joe is Barry there," Joe asked. "Yeah why," I asked looking at Barry. "There's evidence to show your sisters death was a murder," Joe said. "We'll be right over," I said. "Barry Joe needs us down at the station," I said. "Why both of us," Barry asked. "I'm good with computers," I said.

He nodded and all of a sudden we were outside the precinct. I walked in with Barry. "Karsyn why are you here," Joe asked. "My sister was murdered and I know by who. I also know who the man that killed Barry's mother is," I said plainly. "I thought you said he got away," Barry asked. "He threatened to kill my sister if I told anyone who he was, the only leverage he has on me now is you and he's made it very clear that he is protecting you. From what? I don't know. I do know he won't kill you," I said.

I was taken to a room to be questioned by Barry and Joe. "What did he look like," Joe asked. "Male, caucasion, blue eyes, brown hair appears to be in mid forties, fakes being paralyzed. Works in STAR labs," I retorted. "You're saying it's Wells," Barry asked, "I know you're going through alot bu-." I cut him off saying, "Do not say that my judgement is impared by the loss of my sister. I have proof." I opened a lap top and pulled up the encrypted video. There played Wells walking.

"Why would he lie about being paralyzed," Joe asked. "Aren't you curious what else he's lying about. I also noticed you kept glancing at Iris as soon as I mentioned the man in the yellow streak right after, Wells found out about you investigating the case of the murder of Mrs. Allen. Stop me if I'm wrong. The only times Wells gets pissed off is if you talk about anything of his past, of his faliures, or if someone tries to harm you Barry," I asked. They were silent. "If he finds out we're onto him he'll use Iris or Joe as leverage over Barry if he has leverage over Barry he then has leverage over me as well. The pendant Barry where is it," I asked.

"Wells locked it away to make sure it didn't get into the wrong hands, " he said. "It's full of an element that vibrates your particles giving super speed. Here comes the fun stuff. The technological advancement of items before their time are truley before their time," I said. "How so," Joe asked. "I'm glad you asked. If you can go fast enough, you can in turn run opposite the axis of the earth and go back in time. This is why he always seems to know the exact speed you need to travel Barry he's already done it," I said. "Then why does he need me," Barry blurted. "You're a living paradox," I said. "What," he asked. "I can't say anymore," I replied.

"Why not," Barry demanded slamming a fist on the desk. I flinched back and answered, "I can't." "You're willing to tell all this shit but you still refuse to say anything I need to know," Barry added. "If I tell you I could rip a hole in the fabric of reality I've already fucked it up by living," I said. I he ran a hand through his hair and paced a bit then stopped looking at Joe and I. "Why didn't you tell me Iris was threatened," Barry asked Joe. "I was scared if I mentioned anything about it she'd get killed," Joe answered. Barry leaned on the tabel and shook his head. He was clearly stressed out. "What do you propose," Joe asked. "We keep Iris and you safe while I dig in private. I leave no cyberfootprints so it'd be safer," I said.