Chapter 3- Slumbie!

"Nothing. You did nothing," Barry said. "You want the couch or Barry's bed," Joe asked. "Couch is fine," I said. They nodded. "Alright all people in this house under 40 go up to your rooms or get out," Joe said. Iris and Barry chuckled. The three of us went up to Barry's room.

He had a couch against one wall and a bed against the other. It was cold, but not that cold. Iris sat in a chair and I sat next to Barry on the couch and flopped my legs on his lap. He was playing with my shoe laces. I was tiered and fighting to keep my eyes open.

"Hey," I heard Barry say as I jolted awake. Iris was gone and I looked around sleepily. "Want to sleep," he asked. I shrugged and dropped my feet. He was still sitting because I didn't answer awake now I laid my head in his lap looking up at him. "Barry," I said. "Yeah," he asked combing his fingers through my hair. "You alright," I asked. He nodded "Why wouldn't I be?" "You kinda almost died," I said. "I'm fine," he insisted. "If you're ever not, I'm a good listener," I said quietly. One of his hands was on the side of my face his thumb was skimming over my cheek. My eyes closed and I drifted asleep.

I woke up cold, with light in my face, a voice in my ear, and Barry right in front of me. "Morning," he said. I could smell chocolate and bacon. I waved sitting up. "Breakfast is ready," he said. I got up and walked behind Barry. I pulled my hair up into a pony tail. "You are such a quiet sleeper," Barry said as we reached the table. I raised an eyebrow asking, "Is that a bad thing?" "No I'm just used to Iris who talks in her sleep I checked on you like five times to make sure you weren't dead," He said.

I chuckled. "Did I die," I asked. "Thank fully not," he replied. "Then this was a fairly successful slumbie," I teased. We sat down and started eating passing the food. "Slumbie," Barry asked. "Yes a slumbie when you were in a coma new words were created," Iris joked. "You were in a coma," I asked. "Nine months," Joe said. "Sure you weren't hiding a pregnancy, Barry," I teased. "Yeah and I had a miscarriage the last month," he said sarcastically. "You never know," Joe said. "So wait who da baby daddy," I asked. "Lightning," he said. We all chuckled.

"So does that secretly mean the greek god Zeus impregnated you similar as he did to Danae," I asked. "Mythology geek," Iris asked. "You bet," I said. "Which mythology do you like best," he asked. "It's a toss up between Egyptian and Greek," I said. "I agree with you on Greek, but Egyptian," Barry asked. I nodded smiling. Coldplay started playing on the radio I didn't know was on. I sat straight up recognizing the song. "You listen to Coldplay," Iris asked. I nodded. "I guess you were right Barry it's not a dying band," Iris said. I looked at him. "Since when do you listen to Coldplay," I asked. "I have for almost a decade," He said. I shook my head, "Last I recall you thought Coldplay and I quote was overrated." "I never properly listened to them until you played the entire album on repeat for five days straight," he said.

I smiled proudly. I exchanged a glance with Iris and she raised her eyebrows slightly darting her eyes to Barry. He's staring isn't he? "Thank you for that other wise I would have never heard them," Iris said. I smiled chuckling. My phone started to ring and I excused myself. I went to the front porch and answered Cisco's facetime with a wave. "First question where are you," Cisco asked. "Barry's," I said. "Why," He asked. "Dakota locked me out," I replied. "Okay second question," Cisco said. I nodded. "Where is Kaitlynn and Wells," he asked. I shrugged and said, "That all?" Cisco nodded and I turned it off.

I heard a click and ducked as a bullet whizzed past my head. I rushed inside and locked the door. "Lock the doors and windows I'll be right back," I said. "What," They asked. "Trust me," I said. "You're not going out alone," Barry said. I gave him a look and he sighed in defeat. I opened the door and shut it quickly. I pictured the chamber of a gun frozen. I walked across the lawn and looked on a rooftop. It looked like Wells without a wheel chair. I looked around and back at the rooftop and no one was there.