I don't want any piece of her 'territory'.

She straightens her skin tight skirt. "I'm serious, Day. Stay away from him, and out of my way."

I stand taller, a bemused smile set in place. If Haisley was here, she would've already beaten her ass. "Listen Kinsley, I'll do what I want, but let me just make this crystal freaking clear for you. I want nothing to do with your disgusting toy. You stay away from me, I'll stay away from you."

She opens her mouth, but snaps it shut as we both turn our heads to see Caden heading our way. I groan as I turn back to my locker, forgetting about the lipgloss and skipping to the textbooks.

She's never worth my time. And neither is he.

"Hey, Babe." Caden kisses Kinsley, causing me to gag. They're perfect for each other.

I slam my locker shut, shifting Caden's attention to me. He pulls away from an obviously annoyed Kinsley, wiping his lips with the back of his hand. Red lipstick smears on his lower lip, but I don't bother to point it out.

"What's up," He looks me over casually. "Charli."

I haven't heard my actual name leave his mouth since freshman year. I grimace, "Nothing to do with you, James."

I hug my textbooks to my chest, spinning on my heel.

"I'll see you in French." He calls after me. I don't turn around as I stick my middle finger up in the air.

❂ ❂ ❂

French comes too soon as I find myself seated in front of Caden as usual. It's weird though; the entire period passes without him bothering me.

Much appreciated, yet picking at every nerve within my body. This isn't normal at all. 

Two minutes before the bell rings, we begin packing up, and I guess you could say I loose my cool.

"Do me a favor and tell Kinsley to stay away from me. Her toxicity is ruining my daily auras." I bite my pen cap, glaring at the bracelet on his wrist. It's beautiful, a simple string of clear quartz beads, but ding ding ding. You probably guessed it. It's a branding bracelet from Kinsley.

Caden smiles cheerfully. I would say it's a smile of someone who agrees.

Shrugging he says, "What makes you think I'd do you a favor."

"I saved your ass freshman year during that geometry quiz. You owe me plenty, Caden." I recall for him.

He rolls his eyes, sliding his notebook and binder into his backpack. "Fine. I'll talk to her, but there are zero guarantees. That girl has her own motives."

"Just get her off my back please. She thinks I'm about to jump you or something." I crack a smile at the absurdity. 

"Now isn't that a stupid assumption." He grins like the Cheshire Cat, glancing down at my drumming fingers.

"Don't give me that look." I shift in my seat, pulling my hands into my lap. I fiddle with the ring on my right hand. 

"I'm sorry," He holds his hands up. "I can't help that most girls find me attractive."

How does that even relate-

"Yeah, but apparently I'm not most girls. I'm not stupid."

"You certainly are not." He leans forward in his seat, resting his chin in his palm as he continues to watch me.

"I'm not sure if I should take that as an insult or compliment." I scoff, stealing the eraser from the bag still on his desk.