13: A Price to Pay

30/12/2019
11:50 a.m.
X, South Korea.

"Oh I like that. I'll give you a chance to save her then. Interested?" Jaejoong asked in anticipation. Without doubt, he was a hundred percent certain that his prisoners would say yes no matter what it costed them.

He suddenly got reminded to his past, when his father had repeated the same words again and again.

'Kindness makes you weak. People would respect you, feared you, when you're an evil, merciless human being. They knew who they belong to and will obey you as their superior.'

He was still a child at that time. Those words what had made him today and he definitely felt it- people's fear of him.

As he lost in his thought, you felt his grip got tightened across your face. Your petite hands immediately crawled their ways towards his hand, attempting to ease the pain by pulling his fingers away from your face.

Jaejoong was back into reality when he heard your whimpering, pleading him to release you free from his grasp.

Like you were a lifeless doll, he tucked your now messy hair behind your ears with his other free fingers. "Shh, stay quiet princess." He cooed.

You became stiffed soon hearing his command and the nickname he just gave you, 'princess'- the same nickname your late father used to call you. It was the same word, but now, they had different meanings. One was loving, while the other was a curse.

'Don't touch me.' The three words that wanted to come out of your mouth got stuck at your throat instead. You just let Jaejoong played with your hair, already feeling tired as you were in uncomfortable position for minutes now.

"I will surely kill you with my own hands once I broke these metal bars into pieces and pierced them right into your skull." Jimin growled at him.

"That's a first, never heard that way of killing. Maybe I can try it on you later on."

Hearing his response, Jimin shut his eyes and took a deep breath, trying hard to keep his composure.

"At what cost?"

Eyes around the dungeon swiftly riveted on the voice's owner.

"At what cost, you will let go of her?" Jin asked again when Jaejoong was not answering his question.

"Well, depends on what you can offer me."

"How much do you want?" Jin asked in instant. Money wasn't their problem, they could always pay any amount of money he asked for.

"Ah I'm sorry, not interested in any of that. Anything else?" Jaejoong turned his body around, looking at them one by one, waiting for any answer.

"Fight me. Hand to hand. I challenge you." Jungkook growled.

"No, Jungkook. Are you crazy?!" Hoseok yelled out from his cell, shocked at Jungkook abrupt statement. "Do you want to die that bad? There are many other ways, but please, not this way!" He unconsciously scolded him.

"Hoseok is right Jungkook. It's not a good idea."

Hoseok released a short exhale once Yoongi said that. Jungkook could never say no to him.

"But fight me you little piece of s**t." Once Yoongi continued his unexpectedly unfinished words, Hoseok widened his eyes while glaring at him. He looked at Yoongi's I-don't-care face in horror. He was too worried for their safety.

"Hyung, stay back. I can fight better than you." Jungkook confidentiality claimed. He looked at Yoongi who was smirking like maniac who didn't know what he would face.