The Long Road To Normalcy

Comenzar desde el principio

"And you're sure we'll make it in time?"

"We still have a few hours left."

Clary was kinda surprised they had made it in time. Though she had been scolding Jace for leaving another hickey on her neck. But she couldn't be angry with him for long. Even when Jace tested her patience, he was still adorable and she loved him for it.

Clary sighed when she pulled off her scarf but she was relieved that neither Alec nor Magnus wanted to make a joke about it. But the evening held the opportunity for embarrassment when she had to admit that she had completely forgotten about some wedding preparation tasks Izzy and Magnus had given her.

"Biscuit, how can you not know by now who your bridesmaids should be?"

"I know, I know but the last week I didn't have the time for it."

"That's true but all the time before. When you have that appointment in less than 2 weeks, you need to know because their measurements will have to be taken."

"Can I please have another glass of wine?"

"Sure. It's not about pressuring you but you don't want to make that decision in a hurry."

"No, I really don't."

"We better leave you to your discussion before you spill details Jace is not supposed to hear."

"No, please don't. We can discuss also over lunch during the next days."

"It's okay."

Alec and Jace retreated into his office, leaving Clary and Magnus in the living room.

"I'm an awful forgetful bride, am I?" Clary sighed while Magnus refilled her glass of wine.

"Don't say that, biscuit. You had a lot on your plate the last time."

"I know but shouldn't these things matter more to me?"

"Everyone handles this differently. But don't you dare to think that your forgetfulness is a sign of doubt. And be lucky that I'm your wedding warlock fairy godmother because I looked through the notes you've copied for me and I contacted the potential bridesmaids to get their measurements. You only have to decide if you still want them. I thought, you could have needed a little help."

"Oh gosh, this is fantastic. Magnus, this is amazing. But I don't know if Zoé will be able to come."

"Don't worry. I talked to her and she'll definitely attend your wedding."

"Did she say something about Jonathan?"

"No, except for that it's too early to predict something."

"I don't want to lose the last of my family. I know that all of you are my family but ..."

"You don't have to explain yourself. But I'm sure it will be okay again."

"I can't say I would have reacted differently if I would have been in his shoes. But I know I can't do much about it right now."

"Do you have any idea what you want to do for your bachelorette party?"

"No, except that I tell Izzy every time we won't go to Vegas. But I don't want that much of a big party. Every time I see those women in ridiculous costumes in the city, I know, that is not what I want."

"To be perfectly honest biscuit, I don't see you doing any of that stuff either. I doubt, you'd want to go to Vegas either."

"That's true. I'd like to stay here in New York. I just want to have a nice night out without embarrassing myself."