My Friend, My Sister, My Parabatai

Three days later.

Clary turned around when she heard a knock on the door. A smile washed over her face when she saw Jonathan who hugged her.

“Jon, I'm so glad you're here.”

“You asked me to come though it is weird to be here. But people here are a lot nicer than I expected them to be.”

“A lot of them experienced what Valentine did back then and now that people have access to his journals, they can and will understand how ruthlessly he sacrificed everyone who didn't want to follow him.”

“I guess, you're right but let's not talk about him. How are you, are you ready for the ceremony? You look a bit tired. Is everything okay?”

“I'm a bit anxious but I guess, it's normal. Izzy and I didn't sleep that much last night.”

“I'm sure, you'll be fine.”

“Is that a bit of brotherly encouragement?”

“It is though I'm sure you don't need it. I know your head is probably elsewhere but can we talk about something?”

“Sure. Right now I'm thankful for every little distraction.”

“Clary, I guess, Jace told you what had happened at the institute.”

“He did. Why didn't you come to me?”

“You were already worried enough and I didn't want to make it worse.”

“I'm your sister and you can talk to me about whatever it is. But I'm glad you could confide in Jace.”

“Even though I was surprised, he offered his support.”

“I was too at the beginning but in the end you're more similar to each other than one would expect. Where's the rest?”

“As far as I know Jace said about organizing something, He'll be waiting at the ceremony hall. Alec is with Izzy and Magnus said, he needed Simon for some preparations.”

“And you decided to check up on your little sister.”

“Jace had asked me to.”

“Did he tell you what he wanted to prepare?”

“Not exactly. Probably he was worried I would tell you. He only said it was something about the mansion.”

“Herondale Manor. We wanted to check it out. Jace inherited it from Imogen.”

“And he never checked it out before?”

“No, he said, it didn't feel right after everything that had happened.”

“Understandable. But first you concentrate on the ceremony.”

“Do you think, I'll be a good parabatai?”

“If you're only half as good as you're as a sister, you'll do great.”

“You seem to be a natural with this brotherly encouragement thing.”

“Hey little sis, are you ready?”

“Alec, if you ask my nerves, no I'm not. I'm nervous.”

“This is normal. Jace and I had doubts till the very last moment. But you and Clary will be fine.”

“You mean, you had doubts. And you're okay with her becoming my parabatai?”

“You always had each other's back in battle, you trust each other and you're literally like sisters. And Clary had been a part of this family for a long time.”