A Known Threat Of Family History

Izzy had passed on Clary's fire message to Alec, Simon and Luke who sat with her in the Clave meeting. They all shared the same relieved expression. As soon as the meeting was over they portaled back to the New York Institute and went to the infirmary.

"Hopefully Jace can give us a lead on who attacked him," Alec said.

"Me too. Otherwise we have nothing and I doubt, Consul Penhallow will let Jonathan go without at least a new suspect. She was extremely unwilling to postpone his execution."

"Do you really think, she would execute someone before admitting, an innocent person got arrested?" Simon asked.

The others shot him a confused glance.

"Simon, for how long have you been in the Shadow World and may I remind you what they did with the Heavenly Fire to Downworlders? And now please think if your question makes any sense."

"And I thought because of this they would have learned and wouldn't want to prosecute someone who could prove his innocence."

"But Consul Penhallow also doesn't like to admit she was wrong in the first place. For an all by the books person like her this is... oh guys, this is cute,"Izzy squealed and stopped with the others nearly running into her.

"They're really snuggling everywhere."

They looked at Clary and Jace being snuggled up closely together. She clung to him like a little monkey while he had buried his nose in her hair. Izzy couldn't resist and took a photo.

"What are you doing?"

"It's cute. Couples who nap together, stay together."

"Well, we would if you wouldn't make so much noise," Jace growled lowly and lifted his head before he sat up carefully, trying not to wake up Clary.

Izzy rushed to his side and hugged him.

"I'm so happy to see you."

"I know and I'm happy too but please don't wake Clary up. When I came back from a check up, she was asleep."

"I'm not sleeping," Clary mumbled before she opened her eyes, "What are you all doing here?"

"Uhm, you send us a fire message that Jace is awake. What did you expect us to do? Not to come?"

Clary sat up a little but still snuggled up to him.

"Sorry, I'm still a bit tired."

"Yeah, you didn't sleep much during the past few days."

"Guys, as happy as I am to see you all but we have to check Zoé's apartment immediately."

"Why Zoé? Was it her who attacked you?"

"No, she looked like her when she knocked but I've got no idea who she was. But she was definitely a Shadowhunter and claimed, she wanted revenge for her father."

"Her father? She didn't mention his name by accident?"

"No, she didn't. Clary said, there was a camera glitch so that you didn't see someone entering."

"Safe to assume it wasn't a glitch but a manipulation."

"Can we trace who had access?"

"We did that at first but didn't find anything out of the ordinary and assumed, it must have been a glitch," Izzy said, "Maybe we'll find a hint at Zoé's place."

"Can someone bring me my clothes and my gear?"

"Jace, we talked about it. You won't join us, " Clary interjected.