Chapter 10: Rebound

Start from the beginning

Who knows? Speaking of going out though, you did feel like a little bit of partying might cheer you up a bit.

So you jumped up and got ready. You curled your hair and did a face full of makeup, while figuring out what to wear.

You decided on a tight fitting black dress that fit your curves wonderfully. You couldn't stand heels though so you slipped on your white converse.

You checked yourself out in the mirror and saw your bandages. Who cares! And with that you walked out into the warm, humid summer night air and went to the nearest bar.

You had your purse in hand when you walked in but had to hold it up to shield your eyes from the party lights.

You giggled and walked over to the bar, "what can I get ya?" The bartender asked.

"Oh uh, can I have a coke with some shots please?" You asked. The bartender nodded and you sat down on a stool.

This was the first time you ever did something like this and it felt great. You looked into the dance section and saw bodies grinding and people just having fun.

You laughed at some of there dance moves and decided when you were drunk enough you would join them.

"You have a beautiful laugh" a British accent said to your right. You looked around and found a really hot dude staring at you.

You pointed at yourself "me?" You said confused.

The man laughed "of coarse you" he said. His voice was dreamy and he looked about your age.

He had on a black leather jacket, black converse and black ripped skinny jeans with a grey t-shirt on underneath.

He also had his hair up in the front pushed up, so he had a nice quiff. You smiled, "aww thank you, for the complement" You said. He smiled and it was angelic.

"Excuse me miss?" the bartender said catching your attention, you swirled around and found two shots and a can of coke. "Thank you so much" You said smiling.

You downed the first shot and chased it with a swig of your coke, "So whats got you here all by yourself?" The man asked.

You squinted you eyes before answering, "Tell me your name first and then I'll answer" You said.

The man chuckled making your heartbeat increase and pound against your chest. "Ok, my name is Heath" He said. God that was such a hot name, you thought.

"Ok heath, I am here by myself because it seems like anyone I get close too hurts me or I end up hurting them" You said downing your second shot.

Heath nodded his head but continued to stare at you, "Whats your name?" He asked all of a sudden. You looked up "Its (Y/n)" you said.

"Well (Y/n) will you come dance with me?" He asked. You laughed "Yes" You said taking his hand. You hated dancing but the more shots you took the less you cared.

Everything was swimming and mushed together, you were enjoying yourself and it was perfect with heath.

the music blasted and you were grinding on Heath who was laughing, You knew that you would have a killer headache tomorrow but you didn't care.

You turned around and looked heath in the eyes feeling a boost of confidence, you leaned forward and kissed him. At the moment it felt right but there was still that stupid nagging feeling in the back of your head.

But as you pushed yourself closer into him, he pushed away and held you at arms length.

You were breathing heavy and was confused "did I do something wrong?" You asked.

He kinda cringed and shook his head. "What?" You asked genuinely confused.

"I'm gay" he said suddenly. Oh. That was the problem.

Damn it! Mother fucker! Just your luck. A really hot dude who just happened to talk to you ended up being gay.

Like don't get you wrong, it was ok but it was just the principle of the situation.

"Oh" you said, Heath nodded and pulled you closer.

"I'm so sorry if you read me being straight, and I totally get if you don't want to speak to me anymore" Heath said.

You shook you head no, "No Heath!, maybe I did at first but now I know. We can still be friends" you said kindly.

Heath smiled "ok (y/n)".

You smiled "Hey do you want to come back to my apartment with me? Maybe turn on a soap opera or something?" You asked.

Heath laughed and with another full look at him you did realize that he did very much look gay.

But he was still a handsome man though.

Heath nodded and grabbed your hand swinging it about and the both of you left the stuffy bar.

Sense you walked to the bar Heath had called an Uber to which you were grateful for because your feet hurt.

You made it to your apartment and the buzz that you once had was long gone and replaced with exhaustion.

You entered the apartment and looked behind you at Heath.

"Home sweet home" you said throwing your keys and purse on the kitchen counter.

Heath laughed and looked around. You followed him also taking in your shitty apartment.

"I know it's not the best but I'm only one person and the bills can get pretty tight" you said.

Heath stopped and turned around grinning.

"What?" You asked laughing. Heath laughed, "girl why didn't you just say so!" He said.

You were confused "huh?".

"Hun, we can move. We can be roommates! That way we both can help each other and from the looks of it sweetie, you need a change" he said holding your hands.

You sighed looking down, he was right and you desperately needed a friend.

"Ok" you said agreeing. You needed this and this was one time that you needed to think about yourself for once.

"Yes!!" Heath yelled. The both of you started jumping up and down laughing before you two got tired.

"Alright so tomorrow we are looking at apartments first thing and then we are going and getting some coffee" Heath said sliding into the bed.

You thought because he was gay, what was wrong with him sleeping in the same bed as you.

You smiled "yes!, and then we are going to find us some jobs around that area as well because we need to get our lives in order" you joked.

Heath laughed and you crawled under the covers already changed into some sweats and a t-shirt.

Heath turned off the light and you snuggled down.

"Goodnight Heath!" You said.

"Goodnight (Y/n)" Heath said.

The both of you fell asleep but there was still a missing part of you in your heart and you knew exactly who it was.

A/n~ ahh! I hoped you liked it. I'm trying but what do you think about Heath?

>>Vote, Comment, Follow<<