"Karma." I declare like an evil five year old. 

"Karma doesn't know who she is if she's playing games with me." Haisley counters confidently, dusting off her shoulders. She pulls sunglasses out of her back pocket, placing them on the top of her head. 

Smiling coyly, I get into her car. "She wouldn't even know what hit her."

Before hitting the gas pedal, Haisley gives me a high five in agreement. She slides the sunglasses on even though the morning sun is barely out.

What a drama queen. 

"Today we slay. Your AF1s were made for walking all over Kinsley's skinny ass." Haisley smirks, grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

I shake my head in amusement, closing my eyes. "She wouldn't know what hit her."

❂  ❂  ❂

When we get to school, students swarm all over the place.

Banners hang off of every wall, inviting us to the game tonight. They went as far as teal-blue, white, and black–our school colors–streamers and balloons dangling and floating off of the stairwell railings and lockers.

Cheerleaders stationed as morning greeters wave their pompoms, cheering. I wonder if they ever get tired of smiling so big. There was a time I debated joining the cheer team, but some particular people made my final decision a no.

Boohoo.

Haisley and I make a beeline to our lockers, getting shoved by multiple groups. By the time we reach our destination, I'm slightly flustered. I can't remember the last time a game day was this hectic. Either I'm loosing my memory real fast, or our school spirit magically improved.

I guess you should start calling me Dory. 

Loud hollers from the other end of the hall catch my attention. I turn in time to see Ryder and Zayden running down the hallway, giving passing students high fives. Some are just as pumped while others look like they want to hide.

The latter would be smart.

I smile as they run up to us, Ryder picking up Haisley and spinning her around. She giggles, hitting him on the back to set her down.

"It's game day, ladies." Zayden and Ryder cry in unison. They look like children excited to go into a candy shop. 

Pulling my camera out of my bag, I motion for them to pose together. I quickly take a couple of shots, a wide smile forming on my face.

"Char, take a picture with us." Haisley begs, shaking my arm.

I shake my head, laughing. "No, it's okay."

"Of course it's not okay." Haisley plucks the camera out of my hands, setting the self timer. She sets the camera carefully on a stack of textbooks I have in my locker.

She pulls me back to stand with the three of them. "Ready?"

Zayden puts his arm around my waist as I rest my head on Haisley's shoulder. I use a hand to point at the front bold jersey number. After the camera takes the shot, Haisley bounces on the balls of her feet, checking the picture.

She lets out a squeal of happiness, turning the camera to show the boys and I the result. I'm stunned by how happy I look. Zayden's hand is firmly planted on my waist, his head pressed against mine as he bends down to stay in frame. Ryder's arm is around Haisley, pecking her cheek.

It's a perfect photo.

I wrap an arm around Haisley, squeezing her tightly before I let go. "Thanks, Hales."