(11) The Escape

(Lou's POV)

Princess Lou disappeared into the side corridor and i knelt down crying. I didn't know how much it would affect my heart so much. It just proved that I already fell for her.

Then a figure started to approach me. I tilted my head up as I wiped my tears. It was Queen Julianna.

"Nice acting Lou! The princess totally fell for it." she said smiling.

"It wasn't acting." I whispered into the air.

"What did you say? Don't tell me you fell in love with her? Don't be weak Lou, I taught you better." She said disgusted.

"I may have fell for her, but that does not change the fact that I brought her to you. Now let's talk about my coronation." I say to her as I stood up. My plan was simple, when I become the princess, I will marry Hannah.

"Well about the plan, there are somethings I had to change." She said smiling as she walked around me with her hands at the back.

"and that is?" I ask her.

"I will kill the princess in the early morning, as sacrifice for the new year." She said smiling at me.

"Wait what? Our plan was for me to kidnap the princess and give it to her, Make me this kingdom's princess and marry her." I said to her looking angrily.

"Well there had to be a change of plans dear" She said standing in front of me smiling.

"YOU ARE NOT GOING TO KILL HER!"I shouted at her. She slapped me so hard that I fell to the ground.

"And you're not going to be a princess. Guards take Lou to her room." she said as the guards dragged me to my room.

"YOU WILL NOT KILL HER" I shouted at her. But she just smiled and rolled her eyes.

I arrived at my room very angry. I shut the door very hard. And lie down my bed face down.

I hate her so much! She told me that a deal was a deal. I trusted her to keep her promise. I trusted her! I need a plan to save Hannah but how? There were so many guards guarding the palace.

I thought of many plans, but I closed my eyes and slept.

-----------------------------

I woke up to a knock. I stood up and opened the door. It was Aisa, my personal guard and maid.

"Good Morning Lou!" Aisa said smiling.

"It's literally only 4:00 AM." I say to her looking frustrated.

"Well, the queen told me to tell you to get ready, see her 6:00 AM."She said as she left my sight walking to another door.

I close my door and sit at my bed. Then I remembered, Hannah was going to be sacrificed today. I had a lot of plans last night but I couldn't remember any of them. I decided to create a portal to get Hannah from the prison to my room and formulate a plan from there.

I created a portal enough to fit a person. I see Hannah on the other side sitting down her head on her hands that were on her knees.

"Hannah!" I said to her trying to get her attention. She did not notice me so I called her again.

She looked around then saw me through the portal. She looked at me crossing her arms.

"What do you want fraud?" She rolled her eyes.

"I'm here to save you" I tell her holding out my hands.

"Yeah, no thanks" She said rolling her eyes again.

"Just cooperate with me." I say to her, while I face palmed.

"What makes you think I will trust you again?" She says raising a brow.

"Well, trust me or not, you only have two choices. Go with me or stay there as you await your death." I say to her.

"She's going to kill me?"

"Well, our deal did not go as planned since she wanted to sacrifice you instead of us marrying so yeah."

"Do I have a choice?" she says.

"No" I say to her, then I smiled.

She grabs my hand and I pulled her in. I pulled her in too hard and found myself under her. I blushed and she blushed. I closed the portal and Hannah stood up from our position, I stood up as well and sat at my bed. Hannah sat at my small couch just in front of my bed.

"So what's your plan?" Hannah asked me.

"I don't know?" I say to her.

"Well---" Hannah said as she was interrupted by an alarm.

"Lockdown commencing, the princess is lost!" The alarmed repeated and repeated

"Hide under my bed, now!" I say to Hannah as she slipped under my bed.

A goblin then entered my room, it was Caryl.

"Hi Caryll!" I said to her. She just nodded.

She went near my bed and knelt to see what was under it. I snapped my fingers to make Hannah invisible. Caryl stood up and gave me a thumbs up before leaving my room. I snapped my hands to make Hannah visible.

"Hannah, the coast is clear." I said to her. She crawled up and stood infront of me.

"What now?" Hannah asks.

"So here's the plan, at dawn I will teleport us at the throne room and we will have to run outside quickly. I can't teleport us farther since I am not that powerful. I will wrap you in a black cloak okay. So run as fast as you can!" I said.

"Okay, don't leave my side okay and I won't leave yours." Hannah said.

"I promise!" as I crossed my heart.

-----------------------------
(Princess Hannah's POV)

Dawn has come, it was already 5:30 AM. I look at Lou as I wear my cloak. She looks at me and I nod. She snaps her fingers, we teleported to the Throne room. We looked at the thrones to see the Queen sitting there

"There's the princess! GET THEM!" Queen Julianna shouted as a swarm of goblins chase us

"RUN!!!" Lou said.

We ran outside the castle, we walk on the drawbridge that was being closed, we jumped off and landed on the ground and kept on running. I was holding Lou's hands very tightly. On the distance I saw Dovacor soldiers approaching us. I looked at Lou, she was sweating, then I looked at the back to see an archer pointing at us.

"Lou watch out!" I said as she looked back and bam! She was shot by an arrow at the back, penetrating through her body and fell to the ground. I stopped running and knelt down next to her.

"Hannah, Run!" She shouted.

"I'm not leaving you here." I said to her as I shed a tear.

"Run stupid!" She shouted.

"We promised to not leave each other's side. I'm not leaving" I say to her as I lay her on my lap. Lou then placed her hand on my face and arranged my messy hair leading it behind my ears.

"You're too precious for this world. I love you." Lou said as she closed her eyes. I could no longer feel her breathing nor feel a pulse.

"Lou! Lou! Stop joking Lou! LOU!" I shouted as the Dovacor soldiers marched past us, I could feel John's comforting hands around my shoulders. Julia was standing right beside him.

"Lou!" I shouted one last time facing the sky.