(5) A Failure

(John's POV)

I was standing at the balcony, my hands at the railings and my head looking at the floor. A tear dropped from my eyes.

I should have not left the scene. I should have followed her down to ensure her safety but I didn't, I insured my safety instead, I didn't deserve to be called a Knight anymore, let alone a friend of the Princess after what I've done. I shed more tears to the point that my eyes were covered with it.

Then I felt a hand placed on my left shoulder, then my right. I turned my head to see that it was Zane.

"What's wrong?" Zane said. His voice was so comforting, I can feel his breath near my neck which made me feel goosebumps.

I immediately turned around and hugged him. I wrapped my arms around him and my head on his chest.

"I'm such a faliure!" I said as I cried my heart out. "I didn't get her home safely. I didn't follow her down to insure her safety. IM SUCH A FAILURE!"

He then proceeded to place his hand on my cheek and wiped my tears with his thumb. "You're not a failure, you did everything you could in that situation. It was smart of you to get back here to get help. If I was in your position, maybe I would not be here beside you. Maybe I would have died, so don't you dare call yourself a failure." He said in his sweet soothing voice.

I leaned my head to his hand but he placed his hand under my chin, grabbed my chin and led my head closer to his and he kissed me.

His moist lips on my lips, his tounge in my mouth. I could feel his tongue enter my mouth. There was a moment of silence, I can feel his breath over my skin. I wanted to continue but then he backed off.

"The king is called you, he wants you in the throne room" He says smiling.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I said as I stormed off the room. I could hear his footsteps running towards me. He placed his hand on my shoulders.

"Well, you were crying. I'm sure if you went to the throne room with swollen eyes, the king would question you." He said smiling "So might as well make you smile before you went there."

His smile is so cute, so genuine. His dimples on the side of his smile were cute as well. I smiled back at him.

We reached the throne room doors. Before we entered, he stopped me and kissed me on my cheeks.

"You're not a failure" He said to me as he opened the door.

I walked inside the throne room. Floor to ceiling windows. Pillars with the Dovacor flags, a blue cloth with a turtle on it. A red carpet leading to the thrones. I look at the thrones to see King Andrew sitting on it. Julia was beside him.

"John! Today, you and Julia will lead a team to search the dark woods." The King said. "The Kingdom of Discipia has called and they will also have a search team to be led by Prince Melro and Prince Carl. Your team is already waiting for the two of you at the castle gardens for your instructions. Please return my daughter." I could see the sadness and grief in his eyes.

"I promise to return her to you." I say as I bowed down to him. I then called Julia to follow me and we went to the castle gardens.

I see alot of knights there. There was Shamae and Timae, the kingdom twins. Elje, Ezka and Marga, our best knights. Then we had amateur knights, Evy, Ray, Neyo, Bia, Jane. Then we have our strongest knights, Chris, Deon, Jude, Andrei and Zane, my best friend. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I SWEAR HE'S JUST A FRIEND.

There were more but I didn't know who they were. I ordered them to hop on their horses for we will be going to the Dark Forest.

-----------------------------

We reached the forest and immediately searched through it. Then Julia went towards me. We were walking beside each other in the forest.

"I didn't know Prince Melro had a brother. Maybe his brother would be the princess's type." Julia said smiling.

"Well, we know the princess isn't that keen to boys, what would he have that would be special to Hannah?" I say frustrated "Enough of the talk, we have to be quick on finding the princess!"

"Okay boss." Julia said rolling her eyes. She turned to her sides, then to her back, then she faced me with a smile.

"SooooOooo... What happened between you and Zane when you were in your room?" Julia asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"Nothing! Besides, Zane and I are just friends." I say to her.

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yes, pretty sure about that."

"You kissed him didn't you?"

"No, I did not!"

"Did to"

"Did not!"

"Did to"

"I DID NOT!" I shouted at her.

Then I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked at my side to see Zane smiling. I blushed hard. His dimples and his yellowish teeth, I'm guessing he forgot to brush his teeth today.

"What are you two fighting about?" Zane said smiling at the two of us.

"I was just wondering, what the two of you did at his room" Julia asked Zane with a wink.

"Julia!" I say to Julia.

"Hahhahaha" Zane burst into a huge laughter. "Well he was crying so I kissed him."

I blushed so hard, I never told Julia anything about what was happening between me and Zane.

"Oh, so you kissed a friend, huh?" Julia said smiling. Then a voice called Julia

"Julia, come here!" Chris shouted.

I was left together with Zane. I looked at him to see him holding back a tear.

"Hey--" I say.

"So, I'm just a friend to you huh?" Zane said as a tear fell from his eyes. He cut me off. I looked at him and he was looking at me.

"No, no, Zane. I didn't want to say what was between the two of us to Julia since--" Then he cut me off again.

"Since you were embarrased, I get it. And to think I thought you already told her." He said as he wiped a tear.

"No, Zane, you don't understand!" But it was too late, he stormed off to join his friends. I was just not ready to tell the world yet.

"John! Come over here." Julia called to me.

I come over to Julia to see the carriage flattened by a tree. I called everyone to get here and helped carry the tree off the carriage. We took the tree off from the carriage and I immiediately went and examined. The princess's body was not inside nor in the surrounding area. The princess must have wondered off.

I hope she's safe.

-----------------------------
Author's Note

Ops.. DRAMA.. I hoped you enjoyed the chapter! Chapter 6 will hopefully be released tonight.

P.S LONGEST CHAPTER WRITTEN AS OF THE MOMENT!!! 1200 WORDS WOOOOHH!!!