(4) The Wise Old Elf

(Princess Hannah POV)

I woke up to see myself lying on a bed inside a tree, but it was a bigger tree. Then I looked to who was beside me, it was Lou. I stood up, I woke up earlier than Lou apparently.

I opened our door that led to another room, but there was a person-like-creature sitting down on a desk.

"Oh you are already awake? I should prepare some breakfast for you two." He then stood up and went to his kitchen. I sat down at the rectangular wooden table that had 4 seats on it.

"Who are you? And why am I here?" I asked while a yawn escaped my mouth.

"I am Oen Reviax, but everyone just calls me the Wise Old Elf. I found the two of you because of the noise being created by the Man-eating-Monkeys---"

"MAN-EATING-MONKEYS?!" I exclaimed, interupting him.

"Yes, Stupid Tourists, Even iF Already warNed 'bout man-eating-monkeyS. STEFAN'S Village. Now, I hated noise so I sho-ed them away and found the cave to be blocked, the Bat Cave so I used some magic to let the boulder disappear. Then I saw the two of you, you two were lucky I found you before the bats did, if the bats found you, you would have been dead." After he had told the story he had already finished cooking breakfast.

"Sunny-side up with bacon." He gave me a plate and the other plate to the side. I ate the plate really fast, I was so hungry. I only ate one manggo last night and did not eat anything else yesterday.

"You're a fast eater. Seemed like you did not eat anything except a manggo yesterday." He said.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Well you see I am not just the oldest being in the forest, I am a fortune teller and a mind reader. Tell you what, why don't sit across me here at my desk." He suggested.

I went towards his desk. Sitting on a wooden chair. I place my hands on his desk and he touches it, then he speaks.

"You have been separated on purpose, beware on who to trust, and beware for a love to come. Someone will get hurt and you will get hurt seeing them hurt. You will return from where you came from, bringing something new."

"Well, Thank you! I'm going to keep that in mind then." I said shocked. What was gonna hurt someone and why would it hurt me? That was very weird.

Then the bedroom door opened. It was Lou, she finally woke up. She saw me at the desk and smiled. "Where are we?" She said.

"It's a long story" I said.

-----------------------------

(Lou's POV)

I sat at the wooden chair and placed my hands on Oen's Desk. The princess was sitting down at the couch eating a banana, reading Oen's collection of books. Then Oen holds my hand, and looks at me suspisciously.

"You aren't what you seem to be. You have a secret that you are hidding. You will lead the princess into danger rather than leading her home." He says. "Mind telling me what your plan is?"

I really shouldn't have taken this reading. All my and Queen Juliana's plans. I can't risk telling thet truth to this Old Elf.