Chapter 54: Playing In Rain

Start from the beginning

"I'll kill you if you touch me."

Brandon snickered, putting his hands up in surrender. "Alright, alright."

"I'm just wondering how you guys are able to fight in this situation," Daniel said. "Our parents just abandoned us, Evanna's fainted, Jayden's being moody again, and you guys are fighting with each other."

Andrew's phone started ringing and he picked up. "Oh, hey... Yeah, I'm kind of busy right— oh. No? I'm sorry I can't... how about next time? Alright... sorry, no I feel bad. Okay... bye..."

"Let me guess, that was Sabrina?" Daniel asked. "Asking you on a date?"

"I keep forgetting about that Sabrina girl," Cathy mumbled. "Look, she's pretty and you know, but I can see clearly enough she's jealous of your sister."

"What?" Andrew asked. "She's not jealous of my sister."

Daniel laughed. "Whoever likes Andrew must be as ugly as he is—"

"Hey!" Andrew protested. "Why're you attacking me—"

"We're identical twins, idiot, whatever he says goes for me too," Alex said.

Cathy chuckled softly. "Then I guess Daniel came for me too."

"Oh, no," Daniel said immediately. "I didn't mean that, Cathy, I think you're beautiful—"

"Ow, what the hell, man?" Daniel exclaimed. "Tell Alex to stop kicking me, Ethan!"

"Guys, she's still unconscious," Cathy said. "We should be worried about her."

"We're almost here," I said. "Andrew, carry her to her bedroom."

"Okay," Andrew sighed.

my brothers
- e v a n n a -

"Wanna tell me what happened?" Cathy asked gently, rubbing my back.

Once I woke up, I was stunned for a few seconds and as I realized what happened with me and Matthew, I bursted into tears again.

I didn't want to tell my brothers because I was afraid of what was going to happen. Yes, matthew hurt me, but I don't think he deserves all of my brothers getting mad at him. Matthew was also struggling with his family, so who knew?

But still, I was so hurt. I was too upset to even think about him.

"Was it about a guy?" Cathy asked.

I nodded, wiping my tears. "Maybe..."

Cathy sighed then gave me a small smile. "Boys... theyre trash."

"They are..."

"Oh my god, Evanna," suddenly, Bianca's voice came out of nowhere as she barged into my room, closing the door behind her. She ran up to me and gave me a hug.

"I'm so sorry... I heard what happened to you," Bianca said, squeezing me tightly. "Are you okay?"

"Y-you know what happened?" I stammered.