Chapter 05

I woke up from my sleeping self as I felt that my bed was moved and I know someone just sitting next to me right now. Slowly open my eyes and scratch it to clarify my sight.

"Mom..."
I said as my eyes were already open.
I was right, she's sitting on my bed. While her hand is in my headboard.

"You're late last night do you? Take your time and your breakfast is ready"
She left me a smile standing on my bed, then walks towards my room door and slowly disappears in my sight.

I closes my eyes, again and still feels tired. Hugging my pillow beside me,   wrapping my self from the comforter. It is so cold because of the air conditioner, and I knew its already late that's why mom got into my room. Mom is always busy that sometimes they can't watch me anymore but still checked me if I'm good. That what was mother does. How stubborn you were, and hardheaded in-terms of things you are oppose to. Mother will always understand you and scold you for the mistakes you've done just to correct you.

It doesn't mean that they scolded you they didn't love you anymore but instead, they scolded us—for us to realize that what we did was wrong and to prove them how they loved us.

After my deep sleep, I woke up from the unlikely sound of my phone. That is in my side table. While laying in bed I tried to hand over my phone thats still ringing.

Unlocking it and noticed that someone messages me, as I open the inbox. As far as I can remember, it was the message the I was about to read last night. But I fell asleep.

"Shit"
I cursed as finally saw the message from no ones number. I read it just for a seconds because it is only a short message.

Quickly I stood up from the bed and rush washing my self in the wash room. I lifted the shower adjuster and let the water drops flow in my naked body.

After cooling myself in the shower area, I found out myself calling Lib and now I'm already dressed up wearing sleeveless and skirt.

"Lib.."

"Oh! Liozza! Someone just—"
He didn't finish what he's going to say.

"Wait—I'm coming!"
I answered in chorus.

I ended up the call and quickly run outside my room and get my car keys.
I was about to rush out when someone surprises me.

"Where are you going?"
She ask staring at me from the kitchen area. Glancing me from head to foot.

"Out—mom" I pointed out the door.

"Why don't you eat first?"

Mom walk towards me stopping me from going directly outside. Holding my both shoulders.

"You have to eat first, before leaving! You haven't eaten last night"
I can feel that she's worried this time.

"Im full mom..."
Showing her that I really am.

"Come on! Liozza! You want me to throw all your books then?"
She puts her hands in the both sides of her waist while straight looking at me.
My expression change into bad face hearing the words she just said.

I won't let her do that, and I know that she knows how I love my book so much. I have no choice so I quickly sit on the chair opposite on hers as she sits too.

She can't just throw them all!
She cant!
No way!

So I eat as what she had said.
Slowly...
Swallowing every bit of the food in my mouth.
"Why are you home late last night?"
She ask out of nowhere staring directly on me.

"I take Aya to their house mom." I answered honestly, still swallowing my foods..
I can't eat cereals with mom! She's just going to scold me if she saw me..
Mom really wants me to stay healthy. But sad to say I'm not fit.

Im eating much! But only cereals..
Cereals is my favorite but not with mom. Not this time—maybe the other day I guess?

"Im going mom.."
I said as my food already done, leaving my plates on the table. I drink water first before I stood up and kiss her cheeks before leaving the kitchen.

Dad was about to open his mouth while holding his newspaper again, when I rush in the garage and start the engine.   I know he will said something but  I am really in a rush right now. Driving slowly to go out from the garage. It's kinda hard for me to maneuvered my car here, because of the tiny space left. Daddy's car on the side and moms car on the other side. Im sandwich this time, actually. Im at the center.

When my car is already outside the garage, I get  my phone and click to Lib's number but it is sad to say that he didn't answer my calls.

I maneuvered the car as fast as I could avoiding other car to hit, the library is not that far so I tried to reach there any moment from now. After a minutes of driving, I found my self standing already int the library's entrance.

Undoubtedly, I get inside and go to the front desk. With Lib bringing his confuse look.

"Lib!"
I called as I reach not really far from him.

"Oh—Liozza"

"Any update?"
I ask while putting both hands on the table.

"Yeah—someone just ask your phone—"

"What? And my book?"
I answered in chorus, stopping him from what he is about to say.

"Here! He gave this to me... he is trying to call you but you're not answering your calls"
He lays me the book and put it in front of me.

"Oh-God! Thank you!"
I hugged the book then glanced to the title. That make me more excited to read about.

'Left Over...

Oh! God...
The title seems interesting and such a coincidence title, I guess?

"Thank you Lib muah"
I left out a flying kiss while walking towards the library's exit.

"Hahaha! Don't leave that again Zza!"

"I wont..."

Leaving the library with excitement in my face. Then decided to go to the 24/7 shop near the library. I get foods that I need to eat later while reading, it is much better to eat something while reading. It is really more exciting. And more interesting.

I was moving in rush into the cashier when,

Not again.

I fell the book on the floor and I quickly grab it when I noticed someone in front of me left standing.

"Excuse me"
I said without even looking at him, passing him by.

"Hey!"
He tries to call me but I already went to the cashier area.

"Your the—girl from library right?"
My eyebrows meet each other as he speaks. My heart really went ops,

"Oh shit! Why are you even startling me?"
I cursed holding my foods that needed to be punched, he showed out from nowhere, who wouldn't be startled?

"Yeah the book that you left"
Still looking at me while holding his chin, tries to remember what's in his mind.

"What? Aren't you going to say sorry?"
I don't really know what would I look right now feeling so irritated with this man right standing in front of me.

He smiled a bit. Before speaking,
"Aren't you going to thank me?"
Instead of answering me, she questions me back.

"Shit! Thank you!"
I shouted then walk away, to go out from the shop. Holding a paper bag filled with foods that I bought.

"Hey! He-"
He said something but I didn't hear it since I am already at the shops exit.

I didn't bother to glanced at him and I directly get in my car maneuvered it into its normal speed. While turning on the cars speaker.

To be continued