CH.14

(Sowwy we needed some sadness)

Jere and I had our little arguments here and there but they were resolved quickly and weren't even that big of arguments anyway. Jeremy and I were coming up to our one year anniversary and we were super excited. We had a huge date planned and everything. I was gonna go all out for Jeremy to show how much I cared about him. I had left everything I had planned a complete surprise. We were planning to spend the whole day together. I was getting ready to pick him up when I texted him.

To Player Two<3

You almost ready for me to pick you up?

It took him a few minutes to respond.

Player Two<3

Pick me up?

I'm with Jake and Rich rn

Did Jeremy... really just forget?

To Player Two<3

What's today's date Jere?

Player Two<3

idk

It's February 1st

Why do you ask?

To Player Two<3

Do you really not know?

Player Two<3

No?

It's some random day

I don't see why you care

He really did forget. I knew Jeremy could be forgetful at him, but he forgot something so important to me. Was a year just not important to him?

To Player Two<3

Nvm

Player Two<3

alright?

Talk to you later

My heart broke. He didn't even seem to care. It hurt a lot knowing he had forgotten, especially after how much thought I had put into it. I would have to call and cancel the reservations, which would cost me. I would also just have to sit and wallow in my sadness over the fact that my boyfriend didn't remember our anniversary. He cared when it was a month, but not a year. I talked to the restaurant and there goes $50. My moms seemed excited and I didn't have the heart to tell them that Jeremy had forgotten so I just went out. I went and hung out in Barnes and Nobles. The place not only had the cafe but it brought me a sense of comfort. I went to the farthest table in the corner and started sipping on my drink. I never got the hype over Starbucks but it wasn't horrible. I was reading a random book. I didn't have much interest in it but anything to distract me. How could he forget? Maybe I was being a little dramatic but it really did mean a lot.

"Micah? Whatca doing here by yourself? Don't you have your big date with Jeremy?" Julia asked as she nudged me.

Julia and I have become really good friends since the party on prom night. Her, Jenna and I commonly hung out together. I didn't expect her to get along with Jenna so well but surprisingly, their personalities worked together.

"He forgot." I said simply.

She looked pissed off.

"No fucking way. You worked so hard on everything. How could he?"

"Plus, he's hanging out with Rich and Jake."

"I'm gonna murder all three of them."

"Don't, it's not Rich and Jake's fault. It wasn't their job to remember."