CH.2

Two weeks later, Jeremy finally had an answer for me. Now, every day during these weeks was slowly killing me. I realized that it sounds kinda selfish and needy. I knew Jeremy needed his time and I fully respected that. I never wanted to make him uncomfortable and upset, but the wait made it so nerve-wracking. Would he realize that it was all just a high mistake and that he didn't want to actually be with me? I would totally understand, I mean, I know I'm not the best guy in the world and I could never deserve someone as wonderful as Jeremy. Plus, he just found out he was bi not too long ago. Just because he's bi, doesn't mean that he just wants any guy or girl he can get. Also, what if we got together and broke up? I mean obviously the dream scenario would be that it doesn't happen but if it were to happen, hopefully, it would be a mutual decision. If it were a messy breakup and we stopped being friends, I would be alone. I mean, yeah I had Rich, Jake, Chloe, Brooke, Jenna, and Christine but if I were to lose Jeremy, I would be devastated. My heart was racing when I had gotten the message.

Player Two

Can we talk? It's important.

It took me about two minutes to respond.

To Player Two

Yea, what's up?

A minute passes and my heart is pounding out of my chest.

Player Two

Can you come over?

To Player Two

Yea, probably, it must be really serious if you won't text it.

Player Two

It's about us, Mikey...

I practically flew out of the house. Millions of thoughts running through my mind. Did I actually stand a chance? I never thought that this would happen. Even if he does say that he'd rather just be friends, I'd be satisfied that he even gave me a second thought. I mean, yeah, I would be upset because of how hard I fell for him, but even the thought of having such a chance made me ecstatic. I was probably speeding a bit but to be fair, this was important. I pulled up to the familiar light blue house and felt my heart in my stomach. The closer I was to getting an answer, the more nervous I became. Just breather Mikey, at least he doesn't hate you, or at least I don't think so.

To Player Two

I'm here, I have the spare key, just wanted to let you know

Player Two

That was fast

To Player Two

Might've sped here

Player Two

Jesus Mikey, you are gonna get a ticket

To Player Two

It would be worth it if it were for you

I made my way up the wooden porch. I took one last breath before I opened the front door. The smell of the house hit as soon as I entered, it was a comforting scent for sure. I've been to this house more times than I can count. I made my way up the stairs and knocked on Jeremy's closed door.

"Come in!" Jeremy called.

The door creaked as I slowly opened it.

"Hey Jere, you said we needed to talk?"

He looked down at his hands and nodded.

"Come sit." He said slowly.

He moved over and I sat next to him on the bed.