CH.11

School came to an end and I was beyond excited. I wouldn't have to deal with homework or annoying teachers. Sure finals were kicked my ass but that just meant it was summer. Hanging out with my friends and late nights with Jeremy sounded like the perfect way to spend it. Sure I did those things already but now I could do it AND wake up after 10 o'clock. Summer wasn't the best though. I absolutely hated the bugs and the heat was unbearable. New Jersey wasn't even that hot so that was saying something. I preferred the nice holiday time December brought. I absolutely loved the cold weather and watching the snowfall was one of my favorite things. Also, it was a time of hot cocoa and my birthday which made winter pretty sweet. Summer was still pretty good though. There was swimming and lemonade. There was also going to the beach. Alright, I didn't like going to the beach. Sorry, I don't want sand everywhere for the next 3 weeks. But the boardwalks were nice. There was only one year that Jeremy and I didn't spend the summer together since we met and that was before we started high school. My moms insisted that we went to the Philippines to visit family. It was fine. The Philippines were a nice place but I barely got to talk to Jeremy. Out of country communication was expensive and also timezones were a pain to deal with. I got to spend a lot of time with my cousins, which was pretty hit or miss. My cousin Chesa, was wonderful. She was around my age and was pretty interesting to talk to. My older cousin Ramil, on the other hand, was as dimensional as a one-block Rubix cube. He was pretty self-absorbed and almost always refused to talk to me. He said I wasn't "cool enough" or that I was "too young" to hang out with him. He's two years older than me. My aunts and uncles kept asking me if I had a girlfriend and I would just sit there awkwardly as my mom would explain to them that I wouldn't be having a girlfriend anytime soon...or at all. They were all pretty chill about it. Sure I got some strange looks but they at least pretended to understand for my sake. When our trip ended, I was happy to be home. I was completely jet-lagged so I didn't get to see Jeremy right away. The moment I saw him though, I noticed some changes. One, he was taller. He didn't have like a huge growth spurt or anything but he was noticeably taller. He also had very lanky arms. His voice cracks were very new for him. He would get super embarrassed by them. The most noticeable thing was Jeremy's acne. Quite a few pimples littered his face. He was also quite embarrassed by them. He had also gotten a hair cut since school was starting back up soon. Now there is this thing where that if you still like your crush after a hair cut, then it basically love at that point. I always thought it was kinda dumb because Jeremy looked good no matter what haircut he got. Yeah, I was in deep. But now, I was gonna spend all my time with him. I already had a date planned out.

To Player Two<3

You

Me

Epic date night

Player Two<3

Down

To Player Two<3

You don't even know what it is

Player Two<3

Do I need to?

To Player Two<3

Fair point

But the fair is coming to town, you know what that means

Player Two<3

Funnel cakes and spinny fair rides where you question the safety of them?

To Player Two<3

EXACTLY

Player Two<3

Dork

To Player Two<3

Jereeee?