CH.13

I knew that this was gonna lead to some sort of chaos. A group of teenagers running rampant in a small area. This all started when Jeremy once again brought up the idea of laser tag. This time, he brought it up with the group. We would go over winter break which was next week. Everyone agreed almost immediately, except Julia. Julia really wanted to go but she couldn't because she was going away for winter break. She had some family to visit in California. We had arranged this on Monday. Monday was just a boring day in and out of school so we decided why not make it fun? After laser tag, we would all go get some food from the food court. Jeremy had spent the night at my house on Sunday so I wouldn't have to go pick him up the next day. We were supposed to meet there at 12:30 but we got a little... side tracked. We were just chilling and playing video games and then Jeremy decided he wanted to make out a good 15 minutes before we had to go. The drive there was only 5 minutes so he said we had plenty of time. The thing was, neither of us were ready at all. So when Christine called us, we rushed to throw on something. I just put on a random pair of black sweatpants and my red hoodie and Jeremy threw on some random graphic tee and a pair of jeans. Then it came to our next problem.

"Hey Jere? Where are my keys?"

"Fuck, Micah I don't know!" He answered.

He searched a good five minutes to find my keys. Our friends were gonna be pissed at us. We kept searching and searching. Turns out, I threw them into a pile of clothes. By then, I had already gotten 3 calls from Jenna and 5 from Rich. We sprinted out of the house and practically jumped into my car. Jeremy started talking to someone on the phone. Considering the fact that I could hear them through the phone, I assumed it was either Rich or Jenna. Jeremy kept assuring them we were almost there. I looked over at Jeremy and realized that he looked like a complete mess. Based on that, I knew I didn't look any better. Rich or Jake weren't gonna let us live this down. I ran my hands through my hair so I could see if I could make it look the slightest bit better, but it wasn't much. I went as fast as I could without going too much over the speed limit or without running any red lights. We did get there pretty quickly. We rushed out of the car and went inside the main entrance of the mall. The laser tag place was on the other side of the mall so Jeremy and I sped walked the whole way there.

"They are gonna kill us." Jeremy mumbled.

"It's not my fault you got all needy a few minutes before we had to leave."

"Well sorry. I love my boyfriend and he's hot. What else was I supposed to do?"

"Wait until afterwards?"

"I like to live on the wildside."

"Jere you cried in the 8th grade because you forgot your homework and were scared they were gonna call you parents."

"I've changed."

"Right. When Rich and Jake give us shit for this, I'm blaming it all on you."

"Hey, it takes two to tango here buddy." Jeremy argued.

"Whatever."

We continued our walk and finally made it to the laser tag place. Christine, Jenna and Brookw were all sitting on the bench whileChloe stood against the wall. Rich and Jake were play fighting. Chloe looked absolutely pissed and I was scared of what she was gonna say.

"Hey guys." I said softly.

All their eyes shot up to look at us.

"I fucking swear. I had to wake up early on a Monday in order to get here on time and you two don't have the decency to show up on time!"

"Chloe it's not that early."

"During break, I don't wake up until at least 1."

"Anyway, what took you two so long?" Brooke cut in.