Earth Mode ON: TEN

Start from the beginning

Taehyung looked even more miserable than I did. He was blaming himself really hard and it showed through his facial expression. I could see right through him. No one had told me anything about what they had to go through together, but I could tell that Taehyung was angry at himself as though he had a fault in the fact that Jimin wasn't next to him at that moment. It was Jimin's safety that he most probably needed and that was what I used to try to make him feel better.

"We will find him," I told him, causing him to simply nod at his reflection.

"I know we will," he replied back with a faint smile, then buried his head in between his knees, most probably because he was sick of looking at himself. The sight of his body bent down in misery wasn't something I wanted to see because the more I looked at it, the more I felt a pang in my heart, and the tears that once dwelled in the pool my eyes had created kept on increasing. Because of that pang, I decided to break right through his train of thoughts and switch the railways.

"Taehyung, why don't we talk? You haven't talked much since you pulled me out from the water," I asked him and it made his head turn slowly to my direction, a faint, sad smile drawn on his face.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked me, his voice cracking up a bit at first.

I just shrugged, wanting him to finally think of something apart from his loss.

"I thought you had a creative mind. Come up with something," I replied.

He scoffed and then looked at the view in front of him, his eyes scanning the area actively.

It seemed to me that no matter how much I try diverting his attention from Jimin, it will always end up going back to him, that was why I wanted to take the other approach. I wanted to try something that I wished someone could start with me, something that could help anyone feel better.

"It's okay. I'll start the conversation then," I said and so he nodded, turning his head to my direction. My eyes caught his and so I took that chance to think whether or not I should approach him the way I wanted.

"How did you end up here?" I asked him, my eyes completely fixated on his, trying to get a hold of how he actually felt about that question.

His sad smile died down and his head turned back to the now dimly lit sky then started talking after taking in a deep breath," You were there at the fan sign, so you know only up until we exited the hall, right?"

I nodded.

"I was with Jimin all long. Ever since we got washed away when the tsunami hit, we never left each other's sides, even when we were struggling to get out of the water. It was hard, but, we had to hold onto each other. Namjoon-" he paused and seemed like he felt suffocated at the mention of his leader. His everything. His eyes started twinkling as the moonlight found its way to them, tears threatening to fall down as he recalled the events that he had to go through.

"It's okay. You don't have to go on," I told him, not wanting him to hurt himself by speaking any further.

"Namjoon hyung swore to us that one day, he will find us. Dead or alive, he will still gather Bangtan together, even if we had to lay in the same grave. I told him we should just leave together but he didn't listen. He said it would be better if we all went in pairs. So- so I got Jimin. Namjoon hyung went with Jin hyung and Yoongi hyung. Hoseok Hyung went with Jungkook. The crew... I don't even know what they planned to do. But, it feels like I lost everyone already," he said, tears rushing down his face as he let out everything to me. It was as though he wanted to let everything out right from the beginning, but just needed someone to listen to him.

Was it okay to let him cry? Was it alright to let him sulk? Was it okay to let him let it all out on me? That was exactly what I wanted though. I wanted him to cry, to scream, and to sulk. I wanted him to talk like there was no tomorrow, so why was I reluctant? Why didn't I want him to go on? Maybe it was because I couldn't tolerate seeing him torn, but I couldn't be selfish. If breaking apart was his cure, then I had to tolerate as much amounts of pain as he did.