(1) A Stary night in The Metal City

Y/n stood still in the gentle breeze, letting the sounds of cars beeping and the flashing of street lights melt away as she once again gazed at the millions of gleaming stars. Being part human, she was an outcast in a world where people were metal, so she had to stay hidden. However tonight was alright.

It was the perfect night.

A crystal clear sky, not something that happened often in the old, polluted, city. What was left of her hair flowed in the air softly, as her tie on skirt mimicked it's actions. The air was cool on her (S/C) skin, not bothering the metal side of her face however, which was already cold on its own.

The gear that replaced her right ear and jaw joint gridded as she sighed in pleasure at the wind tickling her lightly. She stepped closer to the edge and grinned seeing she was at least fifty stories off the ground.

It was the perfect night indeed.

She tied her roller skate onto her left foot, while the other one could kick out its own built in blade. Testing it on both feet by skating backwards a little and doing a lap around the roof, she confirmed she would be able to glide onto the next one with ease.

"Guess robots have a few advantages." She said out loud to no one in particular. With a giggle she started to zoom to the end of the roof, readying her speed for the ramp she had prepared at the end. It was nothing special, just a big sheet of metal. That didn't stop her from launching herself to the next building.

Y/n landed right onto the next building smoothly, letting herself slide down the round roof onto yet another one. She skated on top of the endless city for hours, letting her mind soar with her. She eventually started to head to her usual hiding place, for the sun was rising and she didn't want to be spotted.

—later—

Finally getting back, she sighed in relief of being in her comfort zone. The place was an abandoned warehouse, costumed to her liking of course from years of decorating it. She had gotten use to sleeping on layers of metal, so that much wasn't a problem. It was the lack of life that bothered Y/n. TV was one of her only comforts besides skating, a distraction from how lonely she actually was.

The only thing she had was the Bigweld Show. VHS tapes are amazing for saving old shows like it. Everyday before she went back to bed for the day, she would rewatch an episode. By now she had rewatched the entire series at least ten times, and started another episode today. This one was the tour of Bigweld industries. Here comes her favorite part!  She watched as the TV recreated the very memories she could never truly forget.

"So remember, whether a bot is made of new parts, old parts, or spare parts, you can shine no matter what you're made of." She said it along with him, as if he was still there with her. Now say what you want about this just being a lie to make rusted bots feel better, but Y/n knew he truly believed it.

After all, she was literal living proof. She held her shaky breath as she listened to the next part.

"Isn't that right, Y/n?" Bigweld asked young Y/n, who appeared from behind his gigantic body and went to grasp his hand instantly, a shy smile. She used to have a metal mask that covered the human half of her face, a fake metal arm, and a fake metal leg, thanks to him making it for her. Her hair was also cut super short. He was the only one that knew she was part human, let alone accepted her for it.

"Yeah! My daddy knows because he's smart! And I wanna be like him when I'm big like him!!" He chuckled heartily in response to her childish behavior and patted her head reassuringly, a warm smile welcoming Y/n.

"Let's get to inventin'!" Bigweld announced proudly with a genuine laugh, letting young Y/n climb onto his back and get a piggyback ride into the place she called home. She swallowed back a sob as she continued watching.

Y/n's mind replayed the memory along with the old rundown TV. She remembered the metallic smell of the freshly carved logo on the outer gate, and the intoxicating smell of the oil fountain that spit its inner liquids oh so gracefully.

She remembered when she made her first gadget. A basic ball that moved around with a joystick, as useless as it was meaningful to her. Oh how proud Bigweld was of her that day.

She remembered how she had to run away one night because someone found out her secret, and Bigweld had to hold them off. That was two years ago, and she never found out what happened. Hadn't been able too, for she never got to grab her disguise and she didn't know how to make new parts. The only thing she new was Bigweld was missing, and she had no way to look for him during the day.

She fell asleep spilling nothing but oil and tears like a waterfall, as robots lived more than her for the day once again.