65

Odera

It took a month before Minghao so much as spoke to the people in the house. They'd taken him in since Jeonghan and Mingyu insisted much to the dismay of Wonwoo who was worried about finance and Jun who didn't like how standoffish the boy was towards him.

Their lives went somewhat back to normal, the boys had gotten good at repressing trauma and so they just made sure their newest addition was somewhat stable. "Do you think you'd be ready to try out finding a place here sometime?" Mingyu asked hesitantly, Minghao was in a bundle of sheets in his newly appointed room and had barely left, he let out a grumble in reply.

"There are things that still don't make sense Gyu, why didn't Jinjin have his own tracer, why was he here, what about the others, it's been a whole month and I can come up with nothing!" Minghao said, frustrated. Mingyu sat down next to the bundle of covers, "Staying like this forever isn't going to get you the answers Hao, just give it a try," He tried to reason, offering his hand to the boy.

This had happened multiple times but this was the first time Minghao begrudgingly took it, he couldn't deny that Mingyu was right. "One day we'll find out for you, okay?" Minghao just sighed.

"Guys look who's here~~" Mingyu said in a sing song voice as he entered their lounge. "Minghao!" Jeonghan and Chan said in unison, the others also mumbling greetings. "So Minghao, do you have any experience with dance?" Soonyoung asked slyly from their breakfast bar, Minghao hadn't opened up about himself at all so really the others knew very little about him.

"I-I mean I guess you could say that," He said shyly, unsure on how they would all react if he decided to go with 'Oh yeah I was a stripper'.
"Great! You can see how you fit in with Channie, Jun and I!" He exclaimed, excited at the prospect of a new member in his little dance troop.

Minghao looked at Mingyu for guidance who nodded, urging him to go over. Wonwoo grumbled at the action but let it slide. "Cool, let's go out now, come on," Soonyoung whistled in attempt to round up the two others, Chan speedily running to his side with a salute and Jun groaning before eventually getting off the couch to join them. Soonyoung gave Jihoon a quick peck on the cheek which the younger mocked repulsion at then swiftly grabbed Minghao's hand and lead him outside.

"Well that was quick," Jeonghan commented, "It's Soonyoung, you get used to it." Jihoon replied.

"Minghao, show us something." Soonyoung had his arms crossed in full dancer mode, anticipating the frail boy to be underwhelming but hopefully have something he could work with.

Jun turned on the speaker and it landed on a Missy Elliott track which he frantically skipped which lead him onto a smooth instrumental (the boys had learnt not to question why Soonyoung's playlist was so all over the place.)

Minghao bopped his head up and down to establish the beat, stretching out his limbs that hadn't been used properly in ages. He wasn't too keen on the overexcited pair sat watching him or Jun who looked unbothered on the side but after mumbling a quick 'fuck it.' He began to dance.

Soonyoung was incredibly shocked at how the younger jumped into it so quickly, graceful movements clashed with aggressive ones to form a contemporary-esque style that was very unique to the boy in front of him. Chan gasped in awe when Minghao decided to push a little further and attempt some b-boying he had learnt off of the television in his parents house a long time ago.

Even Jun's eyes were now fixed on Minghao, eyeing the boy's small yet powerful figure, an inaudible "Would smash," was lost in the music and not heard by any of the other three.

As the song came to a close, Soonyoung and Chan erupted into encouraging applause and screams, Jun also giving him an understated clap. "Shit Hao that was... I mean, do you want to take over?" Soonyoung asked, Minghao replying with a nervous chuckle. Chan came and pulled on the hem of his shirt like an excitable toddler, "Please can you teach me how to do that spin flip thing?!" He asked excitably, Minghao nodded once again, happy to feel so a part of something and accepted so quickly.

"I guess I'm allowed back then?" He joked, earning eager nods from the pair. He managed to find solace in dancing, remembering how when he was up there he didn't think about the bigger picture and the 'What if?'s he just had himself, it was healing. Plus he couldn't deny having a hype squad as loud as Soonyoung and Chan was very encouraging even if Jun failed to join in their antics.

"Guess who we're locking in the dance practice room forever!" Soonyoung exclaimed, ruffling Minghao's hair before he could protest. "Did you enjoy it Hao?" Mingyu asked from the kitchen, rather impressive looking sandwiches being laid out. Minghao nodded happily, "Jun do anything to freak you out? I apologise for how loud he can be-" Mingyu stopped when he saw Soonyoung gesturing him to shut up. "Jun didn't really speak much today."

"I just wasn't feeling it today Gyu don't worry," Jun said before slinking into his room, Seungcheol piped up from the corner where he was sipping his tea, "Ohh Jun's acting all different around Minghao, maybe this could be his chance!" The oldest said excitedly whilst elbowing Jeonghan in the ribs who was half asleep and didn't care enough at that point in time.

Wonwoo walked through the lounge and entered the open kitchen, "You can keep him once I've given him his mini history and culture lessons, we don't want you headasses getting the new kid killed," No one was really listening to what he was saying, more focused on the way he snaked his arms lovingly around Mingyu's waist, swaying them from side to side.

Everyone knew they were 'dating' but Wonwoo showing affection to anyone other than Chan? That was basically unheard of, Seungcheol gawked at how Wonwoo proceeded to lick a stray bit of sauce off of Mingyu's cheek.

Minghao just stood there a bit confused and out of place but went with it anyway. "The fuck did I miss between today and yesterday for this to happen?" Jeonghan asked, sharing the same expression as Seungcheol.

"We had a talk."

"You gays better stop stealing Hao's moment." Soonyoung complained but not even Minghao listened.
-

I desperately want to reply to some of your comments but I don't want to spoil anything just hang in there, if I had the mental capacity to write 20 chapters in a day I totally would

also the fact that Hoshi has listened to work it by missy elliott keeps me up at night, the lyrics I-