28

Odera

That night, after the sun had fully set - revealing the deep sky's array of stars, Jeonghan told Seungcheol everything.

He explained the highs and lows, his light childhood and days in the sun slowly consumed by lies and parties behind his real friend's backs.

"Shua was always there for me and all I did was quite literally hang off of him, my grades were because of him, my whole personality and social life it almost felt like I was becoming him you know? One of my friends, Myungjun told me that if I go to his underground bar he'd let my brother work at his bakery so I thought it would be cool, liberating maybe," Jeonghan paused to shake his head in recollection of it all, looking over to Seungcheol who was patiently giving occasional nods, "It was liberating, it was fucking amazing doing something by myself that was new and different and against the rules but it turned into a habit which was fine for a while but then to a raw fucking addiction, it was the only place I felt I fit in and I genuinely wasn't sure if I'd end up here because of it and when I did I just-"

"It all became a reality, I was finally split."

"I still love my friends back in Healina and I feel in such a short time I've grown a strong connection to you and the others it's like I'm being pulled apart and it's fucking scary you know? I can't stop thinking about if they found out about me somehow and they hate me or if they're confused and still miss me. There is no way to keep an eye on them and it's k-killing me,"

The last few words were enough to make Jeonghan burst into a short, pathetic sob as the older exhaled slowly, taking on all the newfound information. They'd been up there talking for two hours and it was almost pitch black.

Seungcheol felt a range of emotions, empathy and sorrow stuck out but he was mainly thankful the boy had laid so much trust in him. Ever since he joined his small gang he'd felt like there was walls up around him but now they were completely gone, he got a glimpse of it when Jeonghan had a breakdown over the cuff links but here it was different, it was a place without judgement for the younger to confide and Seungcheol had to admire how strong Jeonghan was for being able to keep it in that long.

"Thank you, hyung, for listening to me." Jeonghan said, composing himself and now slightly embarrassed at the extent he had let out his emotions. "No problem, Hannie," He replied, proceeding to take the younger's hand and jumping slightly at the small jolt of electricity that flew through his hand as he did so.

However this wasn't like an electric shock, it felt different. Seungcheol looked over to Jeonghan to see him looking fairly neutral but quirking an eyebrow at the sudden gesture. "We need to get down, we'll miss the family gathering,"

Family.

The younger lightened the mood with a short groan, "Please don't tell me we have to climb all the way down again," Seungcheol chuckled and shook his head, leading Jeonghan to opposite edge of the roof and pointing to a fully functioning staircase.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

Seungcheol laughed and burst into a sprint so the younger couldn't rip his eyes out for making him exercise pointlessly. "How dare you, come back here!" They ran down the stairs giggling like little children, a mutual feeling of relaxation fell between the two after their deep chat where they could just not care about anything, not the dangerous streets of Odera, not the heavy conversation topics just the two of them.

When Jeonghan finally caught up he pulled Seungcheol to face him in a swift moment, not realising how close it would pull their faces together. Jeonghan could feel his pupils dilate slightly at how innocent the Oderian looked in front of him, quickly shaking his head and adverting his eyes that subconsciously began to hover over the older's soft lips. 'Jeonghan what the fuck' he thought while Seungcheol was just malfunctioning because there was that spark again.

"Get on the bike fuckface,"

'That's more like it Cheol.' He thought to himself, doing a mini fist-bump in his mind as to not give in to any of his strange feelings so he could assess them at a later time.

Jeonghan got on the bike and wrapped his arms around Seungcheol, he moulded to his skin perfectly and they drove off back home.

"HANNIE HANNIE HANNIE," Chan said excitedly, pulling his hyung into the room and totally ignoring Seungcheol which left the oldest slightly hurt. "I made a solo performance and you're just in time to come watch it with the others."

Jeonghan let himself be dragged into the living room where everyone else was sat. Mingyu was spinning on a bar stool, Wonwoo was reading a book and Jun had spread himself out across both Jihoon and Soonyoung who were sat on the main couch. After the two new arrivals sat down everyone focused to watch Chan dance.

"I've prepared a dance to Sucker by the Jonas brothers okay ahh I hope you like it!"

"Weren't they in that camp rock movie?" Jun said, "Not important hyung," Dino sighed pressing play on the music.

Jeonghan was surprised at how the bubbly Chan transformed when dancing, he would call him sexy but that felt a bit weird so he just watched in admiration.

Once it was over everyone clapped violently as Chan striked a powerful pose even earning a playful wolf whistle from Mingyu.

Jeonghan noticed Seungcheol staring and when he turned to face him he felt a hand wrap around his shoulder, "I'm so proud of our boy."

Ours.
-

thanks for 1k reads :)
also reminder to (re)watch every dino danceology because you must