64

Healina

Joshua didn't quite know how to react to the news that Minghao had died, he was devoid of any readable emotion. Seokmin on the other hand, was uncontrollably sobbing much like Seungkwan had been, he held such great empathy for Minghao even if he didn't know him too well and was a bit put off by his actions.

It was Vernon who had told them, Seungkwan had refused to come out his room somehow believing it all to be his fault but Vernon figured his two friends should know. "It's okay Seok, he's not in pain anymore." Vernon tried to say comfortingly, rubbing the older's back. Joshua had been frozen but he soon spoke up with a question, "I don't suppose you went to the bakery after you found out?" He asked, Vernon knitted his eyebrows together at the odd question at such a time, "We did yeah, it was weird, there was this big red 'X' on the door and no one was there."

The response provoked Joshua's face to contort, both Vernon and Seokmin jumping when Joshua's fist uncharacteristically collided with the door. "Why did he have to be so selfish?!" He exclaimed, rubbing his forehead. "Woah, calm down, okay? He was suffering can you not be so insensitive, I thought you'd be at least a little sad," Vernon said in an authoritative tone, believing speaking ill of Minghao to be the worst response, "I got a text from Mrs Yoon last night, she hasn't seen Sanha, Minghao must've killed himself and managed to rat out their entire operation in the process, intentional or not," Joshua paced up and down as all the pieces fit together in his mind.

"No you shouldn't jump to conclusions, maybe they all went on a little road trip or they ran out of business and had to go somewhere?" Seokmin said through his sniffles, "No that doesn't make any sense, for once in your life can you stop trying to prove everyone innocent and just look at the facts!" Joshua exclaimed, he promised Jeonghan, he promised he'd look after his family and he'd failed and it was all Minghao's fault.

Seokmin felt a little hurt by the comment, recoiling back towards Vernon as Joshua continued to pace, shaking his head in pure disbelief. "Sanha could be dead because of him, I should never have let him take that job at the cafe I should've marched up to Jeonghan and gotten him to run him out of there, convening with those filthy people it's ridiculous it's-" He stopped. Now Vernon even shed tears for the first time, "Hyung please... please just stop," He begged, holding onto Seokmin and trying to escape the harsh words being thrown up in the air.

Joshua realised how careless he was being, falling to the floor and hugging the pair that lay there, "I'm sorry, it's just I promised him, I promised Jeonghan one thing and I... I failed," He said, finally letting his own tears fall.

Images of his best friend came flooding back to him like film, he missed him still, he'd worked so hard to forget but he needed him, Jeonghan would know what to do in this situation he- He felt an arm on his shoulder, Seokmin managed to force a smile and properly envelop the older in a hug. Seokmin was here, everything was fine even if Joshua couldn't comprehend how someone could be so forgiving.

The boy was an angel, even after hearing such devastating things he found a way to be comforting. Vernon joined in their hug and they stayed there like that for a few minutes just to process everything.

"I-I better go check on Boo," Vernon said not much above a whisper. "We'll come with you, it's the least we can do," Seokmin said, pulling Joshua up with him as Vernon nodded and the sad trio solemnly walked to Vernon's house where Seungkwan had set up a seemingly permanent pillow fort of sorts except this wasn't a childish pillow fort it was one formed by greif he refused to get out of.

"Kwannie it's only been a day and you look awful!" Seokmin exclaimed on entrance to the room, Seungkwan let out a weak chuckle, "Thanks." He replied dryly, his throat hoarse from crying and the sickness the tragedy had brought on.

Joshua and Vernon were both leaning on the doorframe, Vernon stepped back to let Seokmin take care of his boyfriend for a little while since the pair had such good chemistry and Joshua stood staring at Seokmin's simple actions, his smile, his eyes, just Seokmin, not Sanha or Jeonghan, he couldn't right now and he discovered his mind liked to latch onto the younger boy so he tried to use it to his advantage.

"This is my fault Minnie, I didn't trust him and I thought he was a bad influence, I should've been there for him since he was clearly in so much pain so why wasn't I?" He asked like a small toddler, desperately clinging to Seokmin's chest. "This isn't your fault, you know that this is bigger than just you, we can all get through this okay," Seungkwan nodded at his words, the healing would just take time.

Xu Cheng: Financial Minister of Healina known for his outbursts and manipulative tactics into power yet revered by many.

"Where the fuck is my son?" Cheng screamed at an employee at his building, "Sir, Minghao attempted suicide four days ago, we did what we do with all the other ones that are underage,"

"That little shit! Who runs this place, why would you let him go of all people, do you have any idea how much this could mess with the system, it could fucking bring it to the ground!" Cheng exclaimed, striking his hand across the young worker's face. "S-Sir we uncovered Minghao's body yesterday, he was shot in the chest." He replied timidly, rubbing his reddening cheek.

"Oh well... that's fine then, just know that this could've been the end, you know who he is, if he had ever found out we'd all be fucked, got it?" The employee nodded quickly, thankful to see his boss storm off so he could return back to work.