25

Healina

"Can't we go one month without something life-altering happening?" Joshua said with a sigh, he wiped his palm down his face, looking up at Seokmin who was currently sat on the older's bed eating some pizza they had made together.

"What now?" He asked, slightly tentatively as Joshua showed him his phone,

Verkwan protection squad
(groupchat)

vern: guys i have a situation

bub: Please don't tell me you tried to bake without a responsible adult again babe

vern: sobasicallyminghaogotkickedoutandnowhessortofinmyhouselivingwithme???

bub: He got kicked out, what???

vern: i don't think it's my place to explain and not here but it's to do with what you heard the first time we met him

bub: Oh right, yeah. I hope you guys can sort it out, I'll come over when I've finished studying

vern: 💖

shua💙: Vernon I don't know about this...

shua💙: He lead us to an underground club and you hardly know him now he's living with you?

vern: it's important hyung, trust me

[vern added fuck u to the chat]

fuck u: hello

Seokmin looked back up at Joshua after reading the messages, he was really tense. 

"Look, I know all this change has been rough on you but it's alright, Vernon is older now and he should know what he's doing," He tried to reason but Joshua was still apprehensive, "He's 18 Seok, he's impressionable and sometimes I worry about him as it is; I can't see him split from Kwan, it would break me and them more so and by having Minghao in the mix..." It was true, Joshua felt like another parent when it came to the two younger boys, he had watched them grow and found their dynamic inspiring. He couldn't let another go.

"We should make an effort to support them, I'm sure you're just a bit sensitive at the minute alright?" The younger said, "You look tired, why don't you rest?" Joshua nodded and nuzzled into Seokmin's shoulder despite them being sat on his bed.

sunshine: Thats great Vernon! Shua and I will visit soon too one he wakes up~

vern: thanks seok, we're going to take him out for a meal and stuff. it looks like you're already dressed nicely so join us, 8pm at Pinwheel

sunshine: we'll be there :)

After a few uncomfortable hours for Seokmin, Joshua awoke.

"Afternoon sleepyhead," Seokmin said with a soft smile, receiving a light hum from Joshua.
"We're going to Pinwheel with the kids at 8," The younger said making Joshua laugh, "You sound like a married mother of four."

"Um actually I'm a married father of three,"

"Oh yeah, who are you married to?"

"You."

Joshua proceeded to slap the younger but wasn't sure exactly why the comment flustered him as much as it did, it was a weird feeling he didn't think he'd felt before.

Disregarding that feeling, he came to realise 8pm was not too far so the pair got ready and left for their favourite local restaurant.

"This place is really cool hyung! It's all designed like a dream carnival with fluffy pinks and blues and-"

"Vernon why did you decide this would be a good place for me?" Minghao said hesitantly, ignoring Seungkwan's excited ramblings. "Well Seungkwan really likes it, look how happy he is," He replied, admiring his boyfriend's sparkling eyes.

Always about Seungkwan.

Minghao just sighed, taking a seat at a fairly large round table in the corner of the room. The chairs were like thrones and Minghao began to feel very out of place, truthfully he had hardly been outside and even less so at normal times so to be around this bright decoration and vast amount of people gave him a headache, he was still thankful for Vernon's presence though even if he sort of put him in the uncomfortable position in the first place unintentionally.

Before long Seokmin and Joshua approached the table, sitting down together on the available seats and giving a quick bow to Minghao since Seokmin had urged them to be on their best behaviour.

"So, what does everyone want to eat?"