32

Odera

As another month passed and February merged with March, Jeonghan was finally settling in. Ever since his night with Seungcheol he felt a bit more free; he'd found a place in an old love he'd previously left behind in Healina, makeup.

He wasn't a producer, he wasn't all that practical but this is where he fit. After doing the mini days with the boys he was sure he needed to find his own place and after seeing the people who were meant to be performers laid out dejectedly on sofas with puffy faces and a lack of knowledge as to what a skin care routine even was he took it upon himself to be their makeup artist and general image preserver whilst hopefully also sharing some of the limelight himself in the future.

Healina wasn't something he thought of much these days, Joshua and Sanha were still frequently occupying his mind but in a healthier way. Seungcheol was a big help with that.

"Guys I think Jeonghan did the impossible, he made Soons look hot?" Jihoon said in a jokingly baffled tone.

"Yah!" Soonyoung said, breaking out of his dramatic pose he was doing showing off his new look as blush crept onto his cheeks.

Jeonghan looked proudly upon his creation, in truth all the boys had amazing faces in the first place so he could experiment comfortably with the makeup knowing it would always look amazing.

"I can't believe you've never been to one of our shows hyung!" The youngest piped up, getting ready for the night ahead. It was true, Jeonghan had seen snippets of choreography and tracks but he'd never been to one of these raves the boys always, well, raved about.

Eventually everyone was ready and they piled into their respective vehicles, being the grinch he was, Wonwoo elected to stay home however and watch the place.

It was bigger than Jeonghan expected, the open space with a makeshift stage was teeming with people who were on various stages of drunk and thanks to Jeonghan the group stood out clearly above the rest. They pushed their way through the crowds to the front where the stage was, a group of girls were currently singing but soon they would take over.

"I'll get us some drinks, Chan I'll buy you fruit juice." Seungcheol said, earning a few 'thank you's and a small pout from the youngest.

Eventually it was their turn to play, tonight it was only Soonyoung and Jihoon performing in attempt to scavenge some cash to fuel the group's needs for a few more weeks although Seungcheol did mention he might join them if he felt up to it.

Mingyu was in charge of photography while Seungcheol, Jeonghan, Jun and Chan watched from the sidelines. It was their collab song Jeonghan had heard in the studio a few times, 'Bring It' He thought the performance was so powerful, their chemistry on stage was unmatched as Soonyoung belted out the lines energetically while Jihoon was still just as fiery but more refined in his movements.

Jeonghan saw that spark Soonyoung's eyes held that only appeared when he was with Jihoon, it seemed on stage that was amplified and the crowd who were previously not engaging with the entertainment were now screaming and cheering at the pair on stage.

The performance was over too quickly so they decided to pull Seungcheol on stage and the tune changed to something the others clearly knew well but Jeonghan was unfamiliar, truthfully he'd hardly heard Seungcheol rap, the most was actually back when they drove him from Pledis Central.

Handing the other two more drinks, Seungcheol leapt onto the stage and grabbed a mic as the intro phased in. Really it was quite depressing for Jeonghan to be around such talented people, their energy was unmatched and tips were being thrown like an ocean of green which Jun and Chan had proceeded to pick up and stuff into bags greedily.

It was only then that Jeonghan realised how much he'd been drinking since they got there, it was constant but old habits die hard.

Once the three had exited the stage they were too tired to stay and so decided to head back early, that was quite a difficulty though as Jeonghan actually became very drunk and was clinging onto Seungcheol like a koala.

"You were so good~" He chimed with rosy cheeks, slapping the older slightly too harshly on the chest as he kept his tight grip with the other hand. The others just sniggered at his predicament since everyone except Mingyu, Seungcheol and Chan were at least a little drunk.

"I'm not having him on my bike like this," Seungcheol said, attempting to pry off Jeonghan. "You take Chan then and I'll drive the drunks." Mingyu sighed, looking into the passengers seats to see Jihoon and Soonyoung already curled up next to each other breathing softly.

"What about me?" Jun perked up from the side, this sort of thing happened a lot.

"Uh well um you can get to ride at the back of the truck!" Seungcheol suggested, tapping his back towards that direction.

"But I want to do that!" Chan pouted.

"Channie if you die I wouldn't be able to live with myself but the world wouldn't miss one less Jun." To Seungcheol this was clearly a joke but Jun didn't laugh and simply climbed into the back of the truck as he let out a long sigh.

"Right let's go fuckers before Won has the brilliant idea to invite in every neighbourhood cat to attack my darling Aki... again," Jun said, lifting the tone as he tapped the side of the truck.

And with that the six returned home.