Epilogue: Everything will be alright

If someone would have told my sixteen year old self locking herself up in her mother's childhood bedroom in Cheshire the entire summer hat not even ten years later she would be sitting in the backseat of an SUV being driven to the world premier of her first ever movie, that she was not only taking part, but playing the lead role in, she wouldn't have believe them. Not in a million years, did I think I would even make it past my original dream of being on Broadway, but here I was. And while a small part of me still felt like she was dreaming, in reality still sitting on her mother's bed  2,500 miles away in the UK, the even bigger part of me was slowly starting to realize that this was real. I was absentmindedly staring out of the tinted window, watching the palm trees pass me at a steady speed, as it occurred to me how special this moment really was.

"You okay?", the person to right suddenly asked, breaking me out of my day dream. I turned my head in their direction, admiring the view that had opened up to me. In the backseat of the SUV as well sat none other than Harry Styles himself, with his arm casually resting against the car door as if we were going to a packers game instead of a movie premiere. His presence didn't make this moment feel any more real to me and not anything less than a dream, but it was a huge part of the reason why it was so special to me. If someone would have told my six months younger self going home from the theatre to spend the night alone in her shared flat in Manhattan, New York , that she would be waking up next to Harry Styles in his luxury mansion in the hills of Los Angeles one day, she wouldn't have believed them either.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine, just a little nervous", I said to the handsome man next to me, that I now got to call my boyfriend. Ever since we had been picked up at the hotel, where the whole cast had met to get ready my heart beat hadn't slowed down for a second. Even the fact that we had to get ready at a hotel only to be then picked up by convoy of all black cars like where were coming straight from the White House was freaking me out, but not as much as the fact that I was gonna see the movie, we hab been shooting for six month in almost complete isolation from the rest of society, for the first time. Yeah, that and some other things were causing my distress. "Do you still think it was good idea to share a ride and let our family and friends follow us? They've just met. What if my dad and your Mom don't get along? What if my Dad says something that upsets your mom? I would hate for them to not get along."

"Relax, Jess. I'm sure Isabella and Katie are keeping the mood fun and light. Also my sister's there too, she'll stop my Mom from saying something that could upset your dad, so", Harry shrugging his shoulders, followed by a chuckle. He seemed to have taken this situation with much more ease than I was, even though there was really nothing to be at ease with. My dad was in LA for the first, he was actually there to support me in something work-related - and honestly life-related - for the first time, which not only meant that he met Isabella and Tommy for the first time, but also Harry's mother and sister, whom I had met for the first time just a few minutes ago, when we pushed all of them into one of those six person SUV's together. On top of that, all of them had met us, Harry and me, for the first time as a couple. "Hey, is it possible you're rather nervous about us than about our families?"

"Of course, not! Why would I?", I said, placing my right hand on top of Harry's left, that was laying on the middle seat of the back row. He was looking at me, staring right into my eyes and I was sure he had a clear view of how I was actually feeling. Not only because his curls, that oftentimes fell into his beautiful face while talking, were parted in the middle to prevent exactly that from happening, but also because he could see right through me. Every. D*mn. Time. As much as that scared me sometimes, it could also be pretty helpful, especially in moments like this, when I wouldn't admit my actual fears. 

Harry kept looking at me, waiting for an honest reply, so I threw my head back with a sigh, before directing my gaze at him again."Okay, maybe I am. I mean I've never done this before, perhaps we should have gone separate instead or at least told Henry about our plan. He doesn't know that we're gonna show up together, Kelly doesn't know, nobody knows."