I'd like to make you mine

"And that is a wrap ladies and gentleman!", Rob excitedly announced a few days later after we had shot the very last scene of the live action version of The Little Mermaid. Six month ago I had walked into that room in the Disney' headquarters to do a read through, six months ago we had shot the picture for the announcement of the main casting, six month ago, I had taken on the iconic role of Princess Ariel and now it was over, mostly, and every single cast and crew member had gathered behind the cameras to celebrate this very special moment. "I'm gonna say a few words at the wrap party tonight, but I just wanna thank everyone involved in the making of this movie. Also, big thank you to our amazing cast and crew members, big thank you to our new favorite on screen couple Harry Styles and Jess Carter!"

Everyone was applauding for everyone, everyone was cheering for everyone, everyone was hugging everyone, well everyone except your favorite on screen couple. Harry and I were standing in between the mass of people, still in full on costume, helplessly looking around. I had thought about going up to him, possibly to hug him, but I decided against it. I couldn't even bare to say congrats to him after we had spoken our last lines of the script. We hadn't said a word to each other since our conversation in my dressing room after all. Despite not chronologically filming all the scenes of the movie, the last scene we had shot was also the last seen of the movie: Ariel's and Eric's wedding. Hence why I was wearing a gorgeous wedding dress, that I suddenly wanted to take off as quickly as possible.

Rob walked up to him, to shake his hand and probably hug him as well, so I used the opportunity to flee. I needed to be alone for a second, so I sneaked out of the mass of people, through the long hallway, into my dressing room that happened to be the first door to my left. I still hadn't managed to get rid of all of my stuff. My couch was still standing in the corner where I had placed it on our first day of shooting, but I had already packed up a few boxes of stuff that I wanted to take back to my hotel room with me that day. When I tried to take a look at the photo of my Mom that was still sticking to the mirror above the vanity, I noticed a bunch of flowers sitting on top. Sunflowers.

I walked closer to them, taking a look at the beautiful bouquet, whose wonderful scent filled the entire room. I was looking for a note that would tell me who they were from, when I remembered that my dear cousin used to send me flowers for every opening and closing night on Broadway, so I hadn't assumed she would be sending me some for the last day of shooting this movie. I wasn't even sure of she was aware that it was our last day already, but there weren't a lot of people that knew about my special connection sunflowers, so I found no other reason to believe that they were not from her. Absentmindedly, I let out the name of the person I had suspected. "Katie?"

"Not quite", a voice I hadn't heard in a long time said to me from behind, causing me to turn around as quickly as possible. Out of the bathroom directly linked to my dressing room, stepped out a person I had never expected, not at all, to be the secret sender of my surprise present. It was none other than Isabella, carefully taking steps in my direction. "Jess, before you say anything, or potentially throw me out, let me just say one thing. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything, for hiding in your bathroom, for not reaching out to you earlier, for making you the enemy, for putting my career above you, for writing that article, for spreading rumors about you, for being the worst best friend on the planet overall. I'm so sorry."

"Okay, now that that is said, you can scream at me", she said nervously, squeezing her eyes shut in preparation for my falsely assumed outburst of anger. I needed to take a look at her for a second. Isabella was really standing in front of me, in California, in LA, in the Walt Disney studios. I hadn't seen her in six months, I hadn't talked to her in three, ever since we had our fight. And for some reason all the anger I had felt towards her, was gone. I was actually happy so see her, so I ran up to her and threw my arms around her petite body. She hugged me back, chuckling in confusion. "Uhm, are you okay? This is not the reaction I expected. Not that I'm complaining, but I basically almost ruined your life, why are you hugging me?"